Best and worst excuse you have made for wearing gloves.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Best and worst excuse you have made for wearing gloves.

Post by countrylatexglover »

What are the best and or maybe the most ridiculous excuses you have come up with for wearing gloves in front of other people.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: Best and worst excuse you have made for wearing gloves.

Post by GlovedYankee »

Wearing my gloves has helped me while walking up the wooden stairs, that I don't get splinters in my hands as I grip the stairs as I walk up them, more like climb up them with my arthritic knees. I have gotten splinters from the railing before. I also am Diabetic and usually wear my hoodie or my jacket so I stay warm, same reason for wearing gloves, keeps my hands warm.
Ericasoreass
Newcomer

Post by Ericasoreass »

Best excuse it's covid ya know worst excuse because I feel like it's a fashion statement lol
glovedworker
Regular poster

Post by glovedworker »

I generally say "my soft computer hands" can't stand up to xyz, so gloves are needed. Generally gets a laugh, and there's no shame in wearing gloves for protection, be it physical, chemical or something else.
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/
sissygloves
Regular poster

Post by sissygloves »

Ericasoreass wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:00 pm Best excuse it's covid ya know worst excuse because I feel like it's a fashion statement lol
My excuse is its a fashion statement when im in London. Not that anyone cares one bit in London.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

sissygloves wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:18 am
Ericasoreass wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:00 pm Best excuse it's covid ya know worst excuse because I feel like it's a fashion statement lol
My excuse is its a fashion statement when im in London. Not that anyone cares one bit in London.
Lots of glove wearing in London? This makes me wonder why gloves are such taboo in the US. We see gloves as an only if you need kinda thing not really for style or fashion. I really wish they would come back to stay in general.
Not wishing for another pandemic but just wish that gloves would come back into style.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

countrylatexglover wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:16 pmLots of glove wearing in London? This makes me wonder why gloves are such taboo in the US.
I think it's got more to do with London being a large cosmopolitan city. I doubt many people will care much about people dressing differently in New York either.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

London is also the capital, so standards have always been upheld for fashion. Victorian-era gentlemen and ladies wouldn't dare go outside without gloves on lest the onlookers thought them peasants. I imagine this mentality continued into the 20th century and then post-war Britain relaxed it a bit, but anyone who had parents who grew up before that time would still consider gloves a part of an outfit. It's only now with the post-80s (60s-70s was when it started winding down) generations that people are growing up unaware that gloves were not-too-long-ago a must-have fashion accessory. I think it's only the youngest in the population who would find it odd that someone's wearing gloves in public and might see it as "needless" or, if they're guys trying to impress their male mates, "gay" and "unmanly" :lol:
Hergloveddom
Regular poster

Post by Hergloveddom »

My excuse is " My hands hurt " I wear Women's isotoner

Return to “Glove talk forum”