Which brands of (household) rubber glove do you think look most feminine?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Which brands of (household) rubber glove do you think look most feminine?

Post by MistressAriadne »

Hi all - new poster here!

When restrictions are fully eased, and kink play events become safe to run again, I'm hoping to engage in some more play with household rubber gloves (In particular gloved handjobs and tickling.) This being the case, I'm looking for advice on the most feminine-looking brand of rubber glove I can purchase in the UK.

I know this is a matter of opinion. From my viewpoint, I guess these traits seem quite femme-y to me:

* Fingers that end in longer "points" - as if they were designed to accomodate long nails.
* Longer cuffs.
* Pink is probably the best colour for this. Though yellow is nice as well.
* Fairly narrow cuffs, with the glove being a fairly close fit once you've got it on.

Now, a year or two ago, Tesco's own brand gloves fitted this description pretty well. However, they're now selling gloves that look very like Marigold-brand rubber gloves.

(actually, a lot more gloves seem to look like them nowadays. Tesco, Sainsbury, Wilko... I wonder if Marigold's patents expired and other makers started copying them?)

So... I'm looking for recommendations for gloves to buy, and where to buy them! Ebay hasn't been much help, but it might be if I knew the right keywords. Or if, seeing a photo of the gloves in their packaging, I'd already been told what they looked like out of it.

The gloves that I remember from my childhood that lookeld like this were *usually* thinner than Marigolds. This is OK by me.

That said, there's another type of glove I'm looking for. I'm also looking for gloves that are thick and robust enough to let me handle nettles without being stung myself. But which still look pleasantly feminine. The Marigold-alikes I mentioned are an OK compromise for this, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

(Why nettles? Well, gloves are not my only fetish. This is one that most of you... probably don't want me to explain in detail. Seriously. You don't. And if you do, I've probably already found you in the Fetlife group.)

Cheers,

Melody.

PS. This isn't urgent - with the rise of the Delta variant of COVID, we're not likely to see restrictions lifted on the 21st. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will have improved by August or late July.
katertjekat
VIP

Re: Which brands of (household) rubber glove do you think look most feminine?

Post by katertjekat »

Most feminine are still the Casabella Waterstop ones, even the version 3.0 we have now. Long, slender fluted cuffs, long fingers,... we love them!
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Post by MistressAriadne »

"Waterstop" - do you mean "Waterblock"? They are quite nice, but since they're sold in the US, postage and import charges mean they're very expensive to get on eBay.

Thanks anyway though!
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

DominaMelody wrote: ↑Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:55 pm "Waterstop" - do you mean "Waterblock"? They are quite nice, but since they're sold in the US, postage and import charges mean they're very expensive to get on eBay.

Thanks anyway though!
Yep, waterblock.
I still have a brand new pair of version 1.0 Casabellas, red, size M I *might* be able to trade, but it would require a really nifty counter offer πŸ˜‰
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Casabella was my first thought too. They're the only ones that fit every point of your description. But yeah, Β£20 for a two-pack is the cheapest I could find too (and I'm not sure that includes import).

My personal favorites, the KCL Cama Clean 708 are long and somewhat slender (there are some good pictures in this topic, look for the post from March 27, 2021). Though the writing on the cuffs kind of detracts from their elegance. But as far as I know, they're only sold through hygi.de, and I'm still not sure they actually ship to the UK. I think some folks have had difficulty with that.

The Bizzybee Elegance gloves are meant to be extra feminine, but I've never tried them myself, so I can't vouch for them. Real life pictures make them look a bit flimsy.

My final suggestion would be Spontex Everyday, especially for the nettle situation. Not my favorite gloves by far (mainly due to the excessive flock lining, which I'm allergic to), but relatively thick and one of the more feminine Spontex gloves.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Fully agree with Rommeltje. The KCL 708 are very long, slender and very feminine too. I have uploaded some pictures of my and my wife's 708's. Beware: normally the cuff is cut straight, but we use pinking shears to add scallops to easily distinguish between mine and hers:

They are lined and also of very high quality.
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

YRG COATING FEELS ODD.

Have a look at the discussion above. Gives great tips about rubber gloves. :luv:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

katertjekat wrote: ↑Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:28 pm
DominaMelody wrote: ↑Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:55 pm "Waterstop" - do you mean "Waterblock"? They are quite nice, but since they're sold in the US, postage and import charges mean they're very expensive to get on eBay.

Thanks anyway though!
Yep, waterblock.
I still have a brand new pair of version 1.0 Casabellas, red, size M I *might* be able to trade, but it would require a really nifty counter offer πŸ˜‰
Question, how can I identify version 3 of the Casabella gloves? They suppose to be the newest version with correct sizing, but it has been hit and miss where I bought them meaning they are the crappy ones with wrong size and really bad quality! I can't tell from the packaging!

Version 1 of the Casabella, you mean the original? I have a pair of their green and purple! Been chasing for the pair you have in your profile picture but no luck and they now been discontinued.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

gloveloverus wrote: ↑Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:56 pm
katertjekat wrote: ↑Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Thanks anyway though!
Yep, waterblock.
Question, how can I identify version 3 of the Casabella gloves? They suppose to be the newest version with correct sizing, but it has been hit and miss where I bought them meaning they are the crappy ones with wrong size and really bad quality! I can't tell from the packaging!

Version 1 of the Casabella, you mean the original? I have a pair of their green and purple! Been chasing for the pair you have in your profile picture but no luck and they now been discontinued.
Check out this message of me and subsequent ones: viewtopic.php?t=32460
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Thanks and that was from my questions :)

We have bought a few pairs since and while the packaging looks the same, but they are certainly not the same batch even though they have the double cuffs! They were hard to get on and off, materials feel different. Just not sure if they were old stock somehow and want to know if anyway to tell just from the packaging box.

Return to β€œGlove talk forum”