Which brands of (household) rubber glove do you think look most feminine?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Re: Which brands of (household) rubber glove do you think look most feminine?

Post by Jake »

DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm A lot of you mention gloves being "chlorinated" - is this some sort of treatment that explains why Marigold-like gloves have a smoother feel on the outside than other brands?
Yes, chlorination is a chemical process to make the rubber smoother and frictionless. The only consequence of the process (apart from it being quite dangerous to perform yourself) is that the garment will lose its distinct rubber scent. Some don't mind that, others like the accompanying scent that latex offers. For household gloves, I couldn't give a toss, so chlorinated is always better, as you'll be able to get them on and off easier!
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pmComparing the Marigold-alikes, I'd say Tesco's pink gloves have the advantage over Sainsbury and Wilco. The cuffs on the Wilco aren't that much shorter, but they look as if they're a lot shorter than they really are. So, although they're not the really good ones I wanted, Tesco are still ahead of the pack.
Tesco's pink gloves also last much longer for daily use. They don't go all crumbly inside after one or two wears, which I've found the other own-brands' do.
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pmThose Spontexes you linked to look great - DEFINITELY my favourite of all the recommendations! They are such a lovely deep pink. The problem is that I just can't find them in any size except Large, and I take Medium. I *did* find a couple of pairs of pink Spontex Essentials on eBay, though, which is fairly close.
Yup, unfortunately no longer being made since Covid. Due to general rubber supply shortages, most brands which historically had the same type of gloves in different colours have pulled back to only stocking the most popular colour, which is usually yellow. Robert Dyas sell the yellow ones and they used to sell the pink ones too... maybe if you get lucky you can find a branch of RD that still has some going! From my experience, the thumbs are too long and baggy with Everyday Protect, so you're not necessarily missing much unless you have a long thumb.
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm@Jake Thanks for the news about the Aldi gloves. I shot onto eBay as soon as I read that, but no pink ones there. I'll have to check my local and see if they've come back.
Yup, I've had no more news from their side about the return of the pink ones, so we're stuck with yellow for now :(
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pmInteresting! Where is this "The Range" that sells purple gloves?
Ooh. I didn't realise there weren't that many branches of The Range in the country. If you're in East Anglia, your nearest will be in Bury St Edmunds. If you don't have a B&M near you, there's one right next door to it, too. Alternatively, there's one in Romford right by the station, and one in Canada Water right by the underground station, if you're ever around London/Essex for the day. You can also have them delivered through their website: https://www.therange.co.uk/
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pmAbout the Mr. Siga gloves you mentioned - they do look nice and long in the pic of someone cleaning a toilet. But I suspect they've become shorter, because one of the "Verified Purchase" reviewers states "Much shorter than the picture shows. Would return, but I needed one pair immediately so had to open the package. Disappointing". This was a review dated 5 February 2020. I'd give them a try if I could buy just one pair instead of four, though.
I've just measured mine: they're 33cm long from middle finger to cuff.
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pmI think Marigold as a term for rubber gloves in general has been around a while, so I don't think that's the reason for all the other brands starting to copy them. Maybe this is something to do with suppliers/factories taking a hit because of the pandemic? Sadly, I wasn't paying enough attention in early 2020 to know.
Yup, as above, all the suppliers (mainly in SE Asia) had to redirect their production efforts into the huge surge in demand for disposable gloves for hospitals globally. As a result, production is overwhelmed, orders are backlogged, consumer prices have been hiked massively, and the range of colours and types is much less varied than it was before. Your best bet is to look for websites that take orders for individual units but supply to industries (e.g. workgloves.co.uk). They'll have more varied stock of gloves you wouldn't find in supermarkets (like Marigold Industrial, which are substantially better than the ones you get in supermarkets).
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Post by MistressAriadne »

Thanks Jake - that's a good and informative post!

I've never heard of Robert Dyas - though I do know that Sainsbury also sell the yellow ones.
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Post by MistressAriadne »

These must be the purple gloves you mentioned - https://www.therange.co.uk/household/cl ... es/#354928 - though didn't some other manufacturer have the trademark for both Waterstop and Waterblock? I could be misremembering.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I think WaterBlock is the trademark. Waterstop is just a characteristic.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

gloveloverus wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Question, how can I identify version 3 of the Casabella gloves? They suppose to be the newest version with correct sizing, but it has been hit and miss where I bought them meaning they are the crappy ones with wrong size and really bad quality! I can't tell from the packaging!

Version 1 of the Casabella, you mean the original? I have a pair of their green and purple! Been chasing for the pair you have in your profile picture but no luck and they now been discontinued.
The easiest way to tell them apart is this:

1.0 smell of vanilla, available in pink, yellow, green and purple

2.0 rubber is poorer quality, stretchy and tends to get sticky as they age/get used, sizing runs smaller than before, in pink or pale blue

3.0 like the originals but don't have the fragrance, in pale blue, black and pink (but they're more like red than pink but pink ones still turn up in all the photographs)

Hope that helps 8)
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Jake wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm Yes, chlorination is a chemical process to make the rubber smoother and frictionless. The only consequence of the process (apart from it being quite dangerous to perform yourself) is that the garment will lose its distinct rubber scent. Some don't mind that, others like the accompanying scent that latex offers. For household gloves, I couldn't give a toss, so chlorinated is always better, as you'll be able to get them on and off easier!
I agree, chlorination really does alter the smell. We had a pair of the Elbow Grease yellow gloves which are lightly chlorinated, and after a good deal of wear (some heavy duty cleaning) I did notice they started to smell quite rubbery, which was nice.

Other than smell, the main difference for me is the feel - chlorinated gloves are super smooth and non-chlorinated much more rubbery and grippy. For me, the difference is stark, with chlorinated gloves not being a turn-on in the same way that standard gloves are. With some exceptions.

I also love the sound non-chlorinated gloves make, often less noticeable with chlorinated versions. When you hold a household glove up by its cuff, and gently move it... the wobble factor! Also when pulling them on and off.

I could go on... ;)
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

Jimglove wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:49 pm
Jake wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm Yes, chlorination is a chemical process to make the rubber smoother and frictionless. The only consequence of the process (apart from it being quite dangerous to perform yourself) is that the garment will lose its distinct rubber scent. Some don't mind that, others like the accompanying scent that latex offers. For household gloves, I couldn't give a toss, so chlorinated is always better, as you'll be able to get them on and off easier!
I agree, chlorination really does alter the smell. We had a pair of the Elbow Grease yellow gloves which are lightly chlorinated, and after a good deal of wear (some heavy duty cleaning) I did notice they started to smell quite rubbery, which was nice.

Other than smell, the main difference for me is the feel - chlorinated gloves are super smooth and non-chlorinated much more rubbery and grippy. For me, the difference is stark, with chlorinated gloves not being a turn-on in the same way that standard gloves are. With some exceptions.

I also love the sound non-chlorinated gloves make, often less noticeable with chlorinated versions. When you hold a household glove up by its cuff, and gently move it... the wobble factor! Also when pulling them on and off.

I could go on... ;)
Yes, Chlorinated household rubber gloves should be banned. :p It's all about the smell, touch and feel. There's nothing like the feeling of someone stroking your body with a non-chlorinated rubber gloved hand. :up:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover

Return to “Glove talk forum”