Well totally wish it was normal but I guess it never will be.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Well totally wish it was normal but I guess it never will be.

Post by countrylatexglover »

After getting through this pandemic in the US most peoples republic back to their daily lives and don’t wearing any masks or gloves at all. Some even frown on it.

I totally wish It could be normal to wear gloves in public. I love wearing my nitrile or latex gloves every where I go. They give me the feeling of protection and know I don’t have to touch others germs anymore has been really nice! Of course I also still love the feeling of gloves on my hands but that’s another point.

I still see a few people wearing them sometimes but very few and most other look at it weird again. I’m actually still not comfortable without them yet but from the looks of things I’m going to have to be someday.

I still wear them for groceries and gas and at restaurants but not so much in front of family and friends anymore. I have been getting the look of come on it’s over let’s get back to normal. Problem is to me I wish gloves were normal, I enjoy them and wish people could leave it well enough alone. I get that people just don’t want to wear them but some of us do.

What’s even worse is now they will be associated with a pandemic and everyone will want to get away from that. I do love not wearing a mask if I don’t want to but I should also be able to wear gloves if I want to as a personal choice. Some people understand and don’t care others definitely do not.

Am I the only one who feels this way or do any other share these feeling with me? If not I totally understand but just wondering. And this is just how i feel I’m not expecting anyone to agree or disagree either way. Just wanted to talk about a bit.
supernova
WWGFA donor

Re: Well totally wish it was normal but I guess it never will be.

Post by supernova »

the thing is, if you're wearing gloves touching everything (including inside your vehicle, your house etc.) outside when you're out and about, you aren't really protecting yourself from anything. its all in your head unless you do everything else that goes along with wearing gloves the right way. Washing your hands before wearing them, washing your hands when taking them off, disinfecting EVERYTHING that you've ever touched with them on...

It really is a lot and the majority of people dont even know or think about it in that sense nor do they want to. People in the medical field even dont recommend wearing gloves all the time due to that, hell look at Howie Mandel, he has a serious case of OCD and he doesn't even wear gloves because he understands that wearing germ covered gloves constantly might be a bit of an issue if you go and touch everything else with them.

I enjoy wearing them and do so at gas stations but once I'm done there, those get disposed of and other than that, it's totally not for protection unless I'm doing certain things around the house and so forth.

as far as masks go, its just an accepted part of culture in Korea, Japan, China and so forth to wear a mask in public, many people in those cultures wear them so they dont have to put on makeup each day, or if they are sick, its just being nice to the people around you. I think that some of that should actually bleed over into north america and other countries, its just a simple thing of looking out for those around you and that is going away in my opinion :\
countrylatexglover
VIP

So it has become a person choice for me at the moment. Like you said if they are worn properly they do work. However this just an extra step that is annoying to many people. I just know there was a time when people ore gloves anywhere they went. Not necessarily medical or disposable but cloth or fabric. It was a way to keep your hands safe and clean. Don’t get me wrong I have no problem getting my hands dirty usually and I have had to shake hands unwillingly of course. It’s currently uncomfortable to me to not wear gloves and handle things others have touch after living through a pandemic. I was wearing gloves a little bit before this but felt insecure about it for sure though now I don’t.

I just wish it wasn’t something. That we stopped doing I know it was not practical and 70 proof alcohol is just easer to use on your skin I just don’t like doing that. The gloves help me to not touch my face and not worry about touching others germs that I have been trying to avoid for a year.

I am all for building a healthy immune system just don’t want to touch germs at the moment. I will probably continue my practices for a while as not only are people no longer wearing gloves but I see very few people cleaning anything either anymore. Though I actually get told it’s still a good idea. Though now really socially acceptable anymore I still want to do it.

We have also gone out to dinner a few times now and I cannot understand picking up peoples use dishes bare handed after what just happened. Just my preference.

And I get that people don’t want to wear them anymore because this is under control and we are getting back to normal at least in the US.
I guess my preference for wearing gloves to the store and getting gas and opening doors will remain for a while as I feel better not touching all those germs at the moment. After a great of training my self on how to avoid germs it just makes sense to me. It will all go away eventually.

My main thing here I was saying was that it was just nice to not be an outcast when wanting to wear my gloves in front of others. I get that it’s not normal and never will be now but I just miss seeing it when it all started. Though I would never wish for what we just went through in any shape or form!! And it’s definitely nice to see peoples faces again though I also tend to back up when they get close to me for talking becuAse we just did that for a year as well.
wulfe
Occasional poster

Post by wulfe »

I honestly believe if you continue to wear gloves in public, no-one would bat an eyelid, considering covid is still out there and people are still dying from it. Its perfectly normal these days to wear PPE but I understand it depends a lot on where in the world you are. You do you. If it makes you feel comfortable then thats the most important thing.
countrylatexglover
VIP

wulfe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:33 am I honestly believe if you continue to wear gloves in public, no-one would bat an eyelid, considering covid is still out there and people are still dying from it. Its perfectly normal these days to wear PPE but I understand it depends a lot on where in the world you are. You do you. If it makes you feel comfortable then thats the most important thing.
Agreed and thank you. Most don’t even pay attention when I’m out. It’s mostly friends and very few of them who make comments and family. They mostly don’t understand my feelings on it. I wear them to definitely make myself feel better. I think if I could I would wear them even more often than I do now.

The biggest thing is most people I know what things back to normal and my gloves are not helping with that. Though they try to let it go also.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I know a few fashion designers wanted latex gloves to be a high-street thing a few years back... bring that trend back, eh? No reason why we can't just carry on wearing them. Maybe that can be our calling card, like the old handkerchief-in-the-back-pocket system the kinky lads had a few decades back...

Men used to wear tights -- exclusively! Now if you walked down the street in a pair of tights as a bloke, you'd get disapproving looks. Times change. I got looks from people between 2017-2020 when I wore masks on the trains of London, but my lungs are healthier than theirs now, and it's no longer a novel sight. Maybe I'll start wearing tights in the winter -- my legs will be warmer than the people's who didn't ;)

Wear gloves if you want. If they're the material that makes you feel comfortable and protected, then they're fulfilling their purpose regardless of their connotations or whether they're "the right type". And if someone approaches you and asks about it, you can always just run away as fast as you can and never look back.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Jake wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:21 am I know a few fashion designers wanted latex gloves to be a high-street thing a few years back... bring that trend back, eh? No reason why we can't just carry on wearing them. Maybe that can be our calling card, like the old handkerchief-in-the-back-pocket system the kinky lads had a few decades back...

Men used to wear tights -- exclusively! Now if you walked down the street in a pair of tights as a bloke, you'd get disapproving looks. Times change. I got looks from people between 2017-2020 when I wore masks on the trains of London, but my lungs are healthier than theirs now, and it's no longer a novel sight. Maybe I'll start wearing tights in the winter -- my legs will be warmer than the people's who didn't ;)

Wear gloves if you want. If they're the material that makes you feel comfortable and protected, then they're fulfilling their purpose regardless of their connotations or whether they're "the right type". And if someone approaches you and asks about it, you can always just run away as fast as you can and never look back.
I definitely try to wear them when I want to most don’t make a big deal out of it and yes they do their job. Mostly nitrile gloves and latex gloves that help me get through my day.

I try not to wear them all day to let my hands breathe but when I’m away from the house I have them on. In front certain family they don’t say much but in front of other family they do.

A few friends make comments and some are rude about it so it makes it harder there but seeing how we just went through and are still getting through a pandemic I still feel more comfortable with them on. I was hoping the trend would stick but a lot of people don’t want anything to even do with a mask anymore let alone gloves.

I wish they would back when this started no one was caught without gloves on and now they won’t be caught with them on lol. Funny how quickly that part changed unfortunately.

It would definitely be more helpful if more people still wore them but since this is almost over in my part of the world I don’t see that happening. I am trying to keep the trend going but many just don’t want to wear them anymore I think it reminds them of what happened.

I Laos have really enjoy not touching anything sticky or greasy like a door handle that hasn’t been cleaned or the good old gum on a shopping cart which it quite rare now but it wasn’t a while ago lol.

It was also funny for me to see me being the one to open the door to places we go or shake hands and not worry about it. But others around me wait for me to open the door or do a fist bump which some find actually disappointing.

Return to “Glove talk forum”