Old/Worn Out Gloves

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

wulfe
Occasional poster

Old/Worn Out Gloves

Post by wulfe »

What do other glove fetishists do with their old and worn out gloves?

For example, one glove in a pair missing / hole, or torn / material has deteriorated / or simply not comfortable anymore.
I haven't thrown any out yet but as my collection grows it might become a problem if I keep every glove I ever owned, even the unused ones. Ha! So what do you guys do? Any ideas to recycle or re-purpose them?
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Old/Worn Out Gloves

Post by countrylatexglover »

So I have seen some friends take old gloves and cut the fingers off if they are leather. Uses them for tool covers in his fire turnout gear keeps the pockets from tearing and the tools stay safe in thee as well I think he even stiched them together. Also depending on what they are might be best to lay them to rest so to say. And your sure you cannot find the other half of the pairs anywhere?
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i suggest start a thread and sell them gloves,as long as they are at least still in a condition to wear :D

i'v got a few pairs i would love to sell..let others enjoy as i(we) did
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

I keep the remaining glove whenever one of a pair bursts/tears/punctures etc with the intention of being able to make a pair should an opposite glove of the same make and colour lose its partner. It's a bit of a long shot, but I have managed to make a pair every so often (It helps if you get the same make and colour over and over again).

For a long time I'd wear an extra glove over my left rubber glove, double gloving on one hand when dishwashing so I could have the water hotter so I've ended up with masses of spares right hand gloves, many unworn in their original packaging.

Double gloving under a pair of mismatched spare gloves is a good way of using spares up and gets round that unpleasant sensation of having the outer surface against your skin on the hand wearing the inside out glove. That said, I'd still be more likely to reach for a brand new left rubber glove to wear on top of my existing gloves as you just don't get the same grip with an inside out glove!

Return to “Glove talk forum”