"Morning Glo??" - a recurring long-sleeved red design - but what is the brand name

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

"Morning Glo??" - a recurring long-sleeved red design - but what is the brand name

Post by MistressAriadne »

I keep seeing listings on eBay for long-sleeved rubber gloves looking exactly like these:

There's no apparent manufacturer's name. The only clue is the word "MORNING" on the backs of the gloves, followed by something beginning "GLO"

(Morning Gloves? Morning Glory? What's the story Morning Glory?)

Does anyone know anything about what this type is called?

As a side note, the funny ribbed effect near the end of the sleeve means they don't quite pass my "looks feminine" test. Plus the fingers look a bit short. But a 15.4-inch sleeve would be great for giving glovejobs. I don't know when it'll be safe to do those at kink events, but I was certainly getting interested just before the pandemic hit.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: "Morning Glo??" - a recurring long-sleeved red design - but what is the brand name

Post by Rommeltje »

"Morning Gloss", I think it says:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333789533511

(Although the gloves in that listing are actually different ones, it looks like.)
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Re: "Morning Glo??" - a recurring long-sleeved red design - but what is the brand name

Thanks. Searching ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk, I was able to find a pic where the "Gloss" was a bit clearer:

Sadly, "What's the Stoss, Morning Gloss" doesn't quite have the same ring to it...
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

I've ordered a pair in Medium size (I found someone selling them for three quid on eBay), so I'll be able to check them out for myself pretty soon.
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

They arrived - and just in case you're curious, they do indeed say "Gloss".
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

How are they? Do you like them? :-)
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Rommeltje wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:00 pm How are they? Do you like them? :-)
Pretty good AFAICT.

That said, because I'm planning to use them to give glovejobs at kink events*, I haven't actually put them through their paces by doing any actual cleaning with them on. They do seem pretty robust as far as I can tell from a superficial check.

* when I've got my vaccine passport and it's safe, of course.

* also I may want to look for a pink pair
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

The red ones are good. Tight cuffs so they don't slip and the extra length is grand. Chlorinated too. As they're unlined you can get HOT in them pretty quick. I wore a pair for about 10h when I was moving from one flat to another and was cleaning and taking bins out and all that... they were resilient all day. They have a slight hint of cherry :P

Side note: Morning Gloss must be some embossing stamp that loads of Chinese manufacturers put on their gloves (or these all get distributed from the same warehouse but different companies put their own name on them) because I have several different pairs from different places, sellers, and countries which all have this written on them.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

DominaMelody wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:08 amPretty good AFAICT.

That said, because I'm planning to use them to give glovejobs at kink events*, I haven't actually put them through their paces by doing any actual cleaning with them on.
Oh, yeah, no, that's exactly what I meant. :mrgreen: I don't do much cleaning with gloves. I'm mainly interested how they good they are for glovejobs (self-administered or otherwise 0:)). I hope you'll report back again once you've used them for that purpose. :-)
tigga76

Re: "Morning Gloss" - a recurring long-sleeved red design - but what is the brand name

Post by tigga76 »

I hadn't seen this post before, I've written a post about these gloves on Encyglovepedia in the meantime. It also includes a shopping link to Amazon (Germany)

Encyglovepedia Topic

Return to “Glove talk forum”