please answer if you can.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

please answer if you can.

Post by countrylatexglover »

Does anyone know why we went from wearing gloves all the time years ago as proper etiquette to them being weird unless your working or have cold hands? i would really enjoy gloves not being considered taboo anymore. The pandemic hasn't changed this much here in the US. Most people still consider them to be taboo for some weird reason. I mean my reason for wanting to wear them is mainly protection, but if i could wear them all the time without losing friends or anything that would be really nice.

Most of my friends are from the country so they don't believe in gloves much at all, some even frown apon them. Back to my original question maybe not so much rubber gloves but just gloves in general i really wish they were consider such taboo especially for a guy to wear.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: please answer if you can.

Post by Ceramic »

my thoughts exactly

i wish us man and women could wear any glove,to anywhere,anytime,without being looked wierd at...so frustrating.

same indoors with women and man,when a guy asks a girl to wear gloves and she looks at him "wtf? why?"

we dont need this as a fetish or something special,we need it to be just like pants\shoes\shirts etc,normal clothing that any1 could wear.
KlausNick092
Regular poster

Post by KlausNick092 »

In my opinion gloves fell away because of the advancement of technology in touchscreens. I know that there are gloves that were invented to work with touchscreens, but they are not very precise compared to just using your bare hands.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i disagree
we have a tablet at home,i wore our satin gloves and tried it on,works awesome,responds to anything,just as if i were without gloves.

u just need quality screen protector not cheap ones...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

Both are right about the touch screen. I just think since the message came out and stuck out really hard that gloves don’t work if you don’t wear them properly so just wash your hands really didn’t help with wearing them. That was the biggest thing that killed gloves recently. To only wear them for certain things otherwise they are dangerous was a horrible message.

Even though we didn’t wear gloves before this anymore now we are right back to it and it makes it hard again to wear them. Especially someone who has now become more comfortable with them on than not.
I just wish they could have a second change I guess. Definitely not wishing for another covid disaster to be clear lol!! Just that wearing gloves wasn’t so frowned apon anymore.

Return to “Glove talk forum”