Anyone else have neighbours who wear rubber gloves to wash their car?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

GlamorousGloves
Regular poster

Anyone else have neighbours who wear rubber gloves to wash their car?

Post by GlamorousGloves »

A neighbour just two houses down from me is quite handsome. He always dresses into a waterproof coat, green wellington boots and bright green household rubber gloves when it's time to wash his vehicles. He will wash his cars every week, but the day can vary depending on the weather. My bedroom is in the front of our house and overlooks the street. This means I can see everything happening there every day from the comfort of my own bed.

First thing the man will do is get into one of his cars, pull out of his driveway and park in the road nearer to the front of my house. He will then get out of his car and collect his cleaning supplies and spaces them out in his driveway. The man always uses a jet washer first to clean the mud from his wheels. He then dons his signature bright green household gloves. He'll also select a brush to scrub stuff off the wheels, he usually after that takes off the gloves and uses the jet wash again. He then goes and gets a soapy bucket of water and redons his gloves. I'm not sure on the brand as he's far away, but I believe they are nitrile (I suspect Tegera). This man is extremely thorough when he cleans and he's a joy to watch. His attention to detail and the effort he puts into cleaning is blatantly obvious.

For each car he is constantly taking off and redonning his gloves. He'll put the gloves on, get a cloth and dunk it in a bucket of soapy water. He'll then begin wiping down his vehicle. Each side he ensures he hasn't missed a spot. Once complete he'll jet wash the soapy water away. Often you can see soap suds on his gloves as he's jet washing. He could jet wash his car very quickly, but instead he takes his time. (You can just tell he loves cleaning.) Once finished he will remove the gloves and inspect his car. If he's not happy with the result he'll then don the gloves again and wash it all over again. During the washing process he'll also stop what he's doing to wait for cars pass, which prolongs the cleaning process even further. You get a great view of his gloves when he lifts his hand up to wave to cars as they pass.

What I find so fascinating is that he has 3 vehicles and is so dedicated to cleaning all of them. Each car will have it's turn to be driven into the road and thoroughly cleaned. He never wears gloves during the warmer months, but does a lot in autumn, winter and spring. Today was the first time in ages I've witnessed him don his signature green gloves. I quite enjoy watching a handsome man clean. It's a guilty pleasure. :p

I always get filled with strong emotions of lust and desire whenever I see him in action with the gloves on. I have an extremely active imagination so fantasize myself into all sorts of scenarios with that man and/or his gloves. It is sort of a blessing and a curse. On one hand I get to witness something really hot every week. On the other hand it feels a bit like a torment.

Anyone else's neighbours wear gloves to wash their cars?
glovedworker
Regular poster

Re: Anyone else have neighbours who wear rubber gloves to wash their car?

Post by glovedworker »

It's been a really really long time since I've been here, but I remember staying in a hotel across the street from this carwash and seeing the workers in long, thick black gloves. This was many years ago and I was much younger, but thinking back, my guess was Marigold Emperor gloves or similar.

Unfortunately they seem to have changed their glove choice since then, but that's my car wash related memory.

(And I wear some disposable gloves whenever I'm at the local coin jetwash)
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/
1968Gloved4life
Occasional poster

Post by 1968Gloved4life »

I too have been by a car wash when there has been a slight chill in 5he air and seen the female workers wearing yellow household gloves . Maybe the next time I'll stop in and have my truck washed
well-what-to-do-now
Occasional poster

Post by well-what-to-do-now »

Now that the summer is coming and proper hand-washing can be done without freezing my digits off, I may be the neighbor in question to others :biggrin:
I'm definetely able to relate with the good sir described initially, there is something satisfying going from mucky to clean and glossy paintwork, added bonus that gloves are involved. I have used some household gloves to clean my wheels (some harsh chemistry there) before, but on the lookout for something fitting either in the household or long-sleeved disposable categories I can keep in my toolkit of sorts.

Return to “Glove talk forum”