Leather gloves lined vs. unlined

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Cowboycws08
Regular poster

Leather gloves lined vs. unlined

Post by Cowboycws08 »

I'm ordering a pair of 70cm long black leather gloves for my wife for our anniversary but was unsure whether to get them lined or unlined. I've heard that unlined transfer color and stain hands and I'm curious if that's true or not and just want the pros and cons of each. I figured this would be the place to find answers.
sims
WWGFA donor

Re: Leather gloves lined vs. unlined

Post by sims »

Depending on the quality of the manufacturer, I did experience some unlined gloves losing color and staining hands. however, unlined gloves feel a lot more like second skin, both for her and for me.... if the leather is thin enough, the feel of unlined gloves is second to none...
KlausNick092
Regular poster

Post by KlausNick092 »

The first few times when trying on unlined gloves you will get your hands stained, but after repeated usage it'll eventually stop, hope this helps. Cheers
Cowboycws08
Regular poster

Post by Cowboycws08 »

Perfect thanks for the input. I was leaning towards unlined. I asked the manufacturer who usually does lined gloves if they would do unlined and they said yes but expect some staining. I can't wait because she is gonna look stellar in these gloves.
Leatherglovesguyuk
Occasional poster

Post by Leatherglovesguyuk »

Wow! 70cm, sounds excellent. Go for the unlined so your wife can feel the leather on her arms, I know mine loves that. I've only bought one pair over the years that some colour came off on the first few wears
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

I like unlined ,it's like a second skin. I can grasp different things better . I also a like a tighter glove . I do have lined also .

Return to “Glove talk forum”