Why are gloves not more popular if more celebrities are wearing them?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Why are gloves not more popular if more celebrities are wearing them?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Ceramic wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:23 am easy
celebs wears whatever,cause they get paid for it (a lot,sometimes gets to keep the merchandise)

why not general public wears more gloves? cause of the damn worldwide stigma that ppl hold onto,that anything you wear that isnt casual - makes you wierd,makes them wonder why you wear gloves (aside the obvious reasons).

damaged world i know..wish for a turn-over in my lifetime,maybe next one.
Easy but hard solution at the same time. We say because if your not casual enough they look at your differently. I wear western clothing, I tuck my shirt in and stay clean shaven why because I’m from a rural area and values are old fashioned. People where I’m from understand but people outside of our town look at me very funny and right back at them. They style today when I go to a mall very weird to me I could not do it.

When I was in high school a trend started by one person wearing gloves. Knit winter gloves because her hands were cold and the school wasn’t warm. I started to follow suit with that because I had always wanted to but never though it acceptable. A few other started to do the same thing and it because a fad or fashion trend for four years. My entire high school career student would wear gloves not everyone but many did this. Even in the spring time they would still wear them. It was two girls who started it and everyone started after that. Even some who you wouldn’t think would. Even teachers started do to so.

It only takes a few to get something started in this case it would take a bit of an army who doesn’t care what others think. I myself am back to wearing nitrile gloves in front of others. Part of me cares and part of me doesn’t care. Some don’t get it but they try to ignore it others totally think it’s weird. Mostly those who are from my rural area.

I know it would be difficult but if the few of us here that want to and or if you know others not on here who would do so started the trend and stuck with it I wonder if it would take off. Some of us just enjoy the feeling of gloves on our hands. Not only for sex but just in general. It is correct that people are afraid of what others think and always will be. I am one of them with certain things. But that is what holds us all back. So what if I’m not getting paid to wear the clothing. You mean to tell me she was wearing those gloves to get paid? His ex always wore them that is why she is doing it to copy her from what I hear.

Sorry for a long reply. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Wear every other article of clothing all year long. Shirts pants shoes hat socks now masks, we literally are okay with covering everything but our hands. This to me is actually very weird. Why are people so afraid to wear gloves. Also DAMN this virus for making that worse. DAMN this virus in general hope everyone is staying healthy and I cannot wait for the virus to be a thing of the past and nothing to worry about anymore!
devdas5z1

Post by devdas5z1 »

You can't ignore the pandemic's impact. In the wealthier areas where people might be able to afford nice gloves, people aren't shopping like they used to. The pandemic turned "fun" activities like going to the movies and shopping into major ethical decisions. The places that have opened up in our country tend to be more rural and more conservative.
In many parts of my country, department stores and malls have disappeared. I haven't gone shopping for any clothes -not just gloves- for literally years. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a fashionable woman nowadays, given that stores in my area have more limited hours and selection.
countrylatexglover
VIP

devdas5z1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:16 pm You can't ignore the pandemic's impact. In the wealthier areas where people might be able to afford nice gloves, people aren't shopping like they used to. The pandemic turned "fun" activities like going to the movies and shopping into major ethical decisions. The places that have opened up in our country tend to be more rural and more conservative.
In many parts of my country, department stores and malls have disappeared. I haven't gone shopping for any clothes -not just gloves- for literally years. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a fashionable woman nowadays, given that stores in my area have more limited hours and selection.
Right you know I didn’t think of that. Mainly because gloves haven’t been popular for a long time. I don’t know where we stopped wearing them. I have been trying to find out honestly because we cover everything but our hands. I would say every thinly but our hands and face but that is no longer true. Gloves can provide such a great finish to any outfit but also as we all know offer great protection. I don’t mean disposable gloves either although it has been nice not touching a lot of germs recently.

It has been years that I have tried to use any excuse to wear gloves I can find. And sometimes I also just don’t wear them at all when I should. But in years past when I do wear them people have said “what’s with the gloves I don’t get it?” And I didn’t have a good answer. I really just can’t understand why we need a reason to wear gloves other than I just want to. They don’t have to be elegant or anything a simple pair of leather gloves is nice or cotton gloves would be fun. I just find it strange, you don’t need a reason for any other article of clothing but you need a reason to wear gloves? Scarves are even worn year round sometimes.
Globo
Occasional poster

Post by Globo »

I think it is a secondary effect of the tendency to no longer dress elegantly, to embrace an increasingly casual and practical style. How many young people do you see wearing a jacket and tie? Today it’s common to go in starred restaurants only in shirt. In the church nearby, when kids have their first communion, you see fathers in casual clothes and the children in jeans and a sweatshirt. When i was young everyone were elegant. I have noticed an increasing loss of taste. In my opinion, it’s the same in other sectors, such as the automotive one. Usually you are looking for a practical car, not the one that is beautiful to look at. A young european who wants a compact and economical sports car has very few choices. I would like to see a society more interested in beauty, in all fields.
Now I will talk about a thorny issue: children and Teen. Try to see from a perspective totally disconnected from fetishes, just consider the style aspect. I think everything must start with the new generations. You can't think that people who are used to never wearing gloves suddenly will start wearing gloves en masse or see them as something natural. But imagine if every school in every country started to require fashionable and high quality uniforms, perhaps even with matching gloves. Gloves would become something ordinary, something you grew up with, maybe even a bragging tool because they come from an uniform of a good school.
Personally it would bother me a bit to see 7 year old girls with leather gloves but I can always turn away, it's a compromise that I would accept if they changed the way society sees these accessories.
bigbaldbruce
Regular poster

Post by bigbaldbruce »

I blame the fact that almost every member of the population, especially females under the age of 50, have a touchscreen phone seemingly permanently glued to their hand
countrylatexglover
VIP

Globo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:30 pm I think it is a secondary effect of the tendency to no longer dress elegantly, to embrace an increasingly casual and practical style. How many young people do you see wearing a jacket and tie? Today it’s common to go in starred restaurants only in shirt. In the church nearby, when kids have their first communion, you see fathers in casual clothes and the children in jeans and a sweatshirt. When i was young everyone were elegant. I have noticed an increasing loss of taste. In my opinion, it’s the same in other sectors, such as the automotive one. Usually you are looking for a practical car, not the one that is beautiful to look at. A young european who wants a compact and economical sports car has very few choices. I would like to see a society more interested in beauty, in all fields.
Now I will talk about a thorny issue: children and Teen. Try to see from a perspective totally disconnected from fetishes, just consider the style aspect. I think everything must start with the new generations. You can't think that people who are used to never wearing gloves suddenly will start wearing gloves en masse or see them as something natural. But imagine if every school in every country started to require fashionable and high quality uniforms, perhaps even with matching gloves. Gloves would become something ordinary, something you grew up with, maybe even a bragging tool because they come from an uniform of a good school.
Personally it would bother me a bit to see 7 year old girls with leather gloves but I can always turn away, it's a compromise that I would accept if they changed the way society sees these accessories.
I agree with this whole thing! If it was a thing like it use to be we would definitely wear them more. I wish we could do this as a society but probably won’t happen. Now I wouldn’t wear a suit and tie but a collard snap shirt every day is what I wear and a vest a lot too. Jeans yes is would wear slacks/dress pants if I had to but otherwise jeans so I get it. I just really wish they could be a bit more acceptable on a normal day. It amazes me how they are the only thing we don’t wear and are considered abnormal unless it’s cold out. It’s literally the only accessory we don’t wear year besides coats. Even scarves are worn year round not by me but by usually women.

I mean how hard would it be to allow gloves to be normal touch screens are no longer an excuse we have ways around that and are able to wear gloves and still use them. Yep even being made into a uninformed would be a good idea I wouldn’t even give it a though as a fetish thing. I find my self actually feeling naked without gloves on sometimes. Problem is they still aren’t normal so i’m still doing something weird to most people. Yes I get that medical gloves are weird in public either way actually most people don’t even bat an eye right now and some are starting to wear them again. But if cotton or leather or anything was normal I would totally jump on it.
Still just trying to wrap my head around how they are such a weird accessory to the general public. Yep we have become way to casual and I cannot do that lol. I don’t wear hooded jackets at all. Usually have a cowboy hat on as well, many complements on that actually, and boots for every occasion.
countrylatexglover
VIP

bigbaldbruce wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:29 am I blame the fact that almost every member of the population, especially females under the age of 50, have a touchscreen phone seemingly permanently glued to their hand
I agree but disagree with that. They definitely do have a phone in their hand constantly but this has been happening before cellphones even were a thing. We found gloves in my grandmas things after we had to clean the house out recently and they were just tossed away. My mother has her older church gloves hurried in her dressed never to be worn again. Yet when we go out somewhere I’m the one getting the door for everyone because I have gloves on lol, I find that very funny. It’s like carrying a multi tool everywhere I go. Every found it funny until they needed it then it’s not funny anymore.

Same as the hat too though I wear a cowboy hat everywhere and that is somehow cool? It keeps the weather out of my face when I’m out side. I don’t want to fight the weather when I have to be out in it. I don’t do it cause it’s cool, it’s practical for me and we are trying to start a small ranch so.
bigbaldbruce
Regular poster

Post by bigbaldbruce »

countrylatexglover wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:13 pm
bigbaldbruce wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:29 am I blame the fact that almost every member of the population, especially females under the age of 50, have a touchscreen phone seemingly permanently glued to their hand
I agree but disagree with that. They definitely do have a phone in their hand constantly but this has been happening before cellphones even were a thing.
Very true. But it’s been very cold here since the turn of the year yet when I’ve been out it’s been extremely rare to see anyone under the age of say 60 wearing gloves. I even had to do a double take in the supermarket yesterday when I saw an attractive blonde 20-something mum with black gloves (sadly woolly and not leather). Whereas 10 or so years ago the exact opposite would have been true.

I wonder if the same is true for wearing rubber gloves for household tasks - but sadly that’s harder to judge!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Very true. But it’s been very cold here since the turn of the year yet when I’ve been out it’s been extremely rare to see anyone under the age of say 60 wearing gloves. I even had to do a double take in the supermarket yesterday when I saw an attractive blonde 20-something mum with black gloves (sadly woolly and not leather). Whereas 10 or so years ago the exact opposite would have been true.

I wonder if the same is true for wearing rubber gloves for household tasks - but sadly that’s harder to judge!
[/quote]

I have seen this yes and wonder why or how hands are not freezing. I wear gloves when it’s 50 out poor circulation lol makes for a good excuse. But your correct I have seen very few young people wearing them because the home is more important. I make a habit to put the damn thing away when I’m around others. Even the older group I run with is on their phones.

Rubber gloves for kitchen yes that also I know very few people who wear them in the kitchen. Opposite of me i wear them to fill water bottles lol. For lunch or dinner anything. The wife says she doesn’t think about wear them so there is that also. People just don’t think about them anymore is another thing. I have actually started to feel naked without gloves on but I do it so people don’t think it’s weird. Use them when we go out to dinner till they take the menus, for doors, and for salt and pepper shakers at the table. Family uses napkins and I use gloves. I don’t get why it’s okay to use a napkin but not a gloves lol.

Have even had someone try to convince me that wear the gloves is going to cause a problem down the road so I hide them from them as well. Mostly because i wear rubber gloves so my hands don’t breathe. I could wear cotton but just can’t get past the protection and feeing of the nitrile and latex.

Don’t get me wrong if other types of gloves became acceptable to wear in public I would by all means do that but for now there are not really any accepted right now lol.
countrylatexglover
VIP

bigbaldbruce wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:51 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:13 pm
I agree but disagree with that. They definitely do have a phone in their hand constantly but this has been happening before cellphones even were a thing.

You know what else I find funny really? Ariana grande and a few other celebrities have such a big following and a young following at that. And yet she is always gloved but non of her followers do the same. I think it’s great that she does but why is it not more popular to do? Or why is it such a weird concept to cover everything but our hands lol

Return to “Glove talk forum”