So why not gloves in public anymore? Non Covid

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

So why not gloves in public anymore? Non Covid

Post by countrylatexglover »

So why can’t gloves be brought back into fashion? Meaning why can’t we get it to where gloves can be normal again? They use to be. People use to wear them for hours years ago including men. Around a certain era we stopped wearing them why can’t we get back to that again? It shouldn’t be weird to wear them anymore? Why is there so much taboo around wearing gloves in public? Why is something so small as gloves such a weird thing to wear. A cloth mask is no longer weird but gloves are like red alert lol.

They can save your hands in the long run so many ways I don’t get why they are so weird. Why do we need to keep our hands exposed at all times. We did wear the medical gloves for a short time with Covid. Not saying it had to be that but a nice pair of cotton, leather, or work gloves would work too. I know there are people in this forum who do and who have for a long time. Why are more of us not joining them or why are people in public so afraid of such a little accessory? I think the world would be better in gloves lol.

For the record love seeing so many gloves on celebrities recently it’s nice to see they aren’t concerned about wearing them or better yet embrace them.
BuddyB
Regular poster

Re: So why not gloves in public anymore? Non Covid

Post by BuddyB »

I am sorry, but I do have to ask.

Is there a reason why you keep asking this same question over & over & over again?
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

cause he wants (me too actually,probably some ppl from the forum too) - that gloves will be popular again :)
thats it.
Someguy
VIP

Post by Someguy »

I mentioned this before but this essentially is the reason no one will wear gloves anymore:

PHONES

People are are in love with their phones and anything that gets in the way of their fingers staying in contact with their precious phones is seen as a hinderance. Until they replace touchscreen technology for phones, gloves can never make a comeback into everyday life.
operalove

Post by operalove »

Someguy wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 pm I mentioned this before but this essentially is the reason no one will wear gloves anymore:

PHONES

People are are in love with their phones and anything that gets in the way of their fingers staying in contact with their precious phones is seen as a hinderance. Until they replace touchscreen technology for phones, gloves can never make a comeback into everyday life.
True, even with touchscreen friendly gloves, it is not practical and easy to use.

Does anybody remember Rachel from the old operagloves.com forum?
I don't know where she is now but back then she was a glove star. Gloved 24h, and she said that she didn't adopt to touchscreen smartphones and kept her flipphone so she can always wear gloves.

Maybe one day we'll have some holographic or air touch phones compatible with your hand motion in any material.
Engineers on the forum, let's unite! :biggrin:
Last edited by operalove on Fri May 06, 2022 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
countrylatexglover
VIP

BuddyB wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:54 pm I am sorry, but I do have to ask.

Is there a reason why you keep asking this same question over & over & over again?
Like ceramic said because he’s in would like to see it some day. I notice quite a few members have thanked this comment. No one has come to me asking me to stop. I am not talking about gloves in public to annoy anyone! Please note that! If my posts are annoying again I have had no idea. They seem to spark discussion which was the point. I also though that maybe if talked about enough more people would come out and talk about it a bit. Let’s face it we had two forum boards going about gloves in public back when Covid first came out.

Everyone was in their glory for a short time, being able to wear gloves in front of other and have it be normal! If this is not a dream you have there are other topics of discussion. My point is I cannot see a good legitimate reason why gloves are so weird to talk about and I cannot figure out why we have to hide our feelings about it.

If there is a better place to talk about this on a different forum let me know. I have a glove fetish just like the rest of you and love talking gloves here. Sorry that part of my fetish has always been wearing them in front of others, just the way it is. I have always been so scared to do this until covid and now not so much. I have come out of my shell a lot and it felt great. The reason I ask so much about it is because I don’t see a reason why certain people can wear them and it’s weird for others. I realize it’s not normal but I have been searching for the answer as to why it’s not normal.

Again if my posts and comments are annoying I didn’t know that no one has come forward and said anything till this comment. Many have liked it compared to some others and that tells me they feel the same way. I was merely trying to keep a topic of discussion going, of which I have seen here before me.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Someguy wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 pm I mentioned this before but this essentially is the reason no one will wear gloves anymore:

PHONES

I agree with this to a point. I have no problem with my medical gloves though haha. But yes other materials do make it difficult. But with touch screen gloves I was hoping it would allow for more gloves use. Biggest thing is people don’t think about them anymore it’s just one less thing to worry about. I just find it funny that those of us who want to wear them get some very strange looks, even though we spent almost a year wearing them recently lol.
countrylatexglover
VIP

operalove wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:01 am

PHONES

True, even with touchscreen friendly gloves, it is not practical and easy to use.

Does anybody remember Rachel from the old operagloves.com forum?
I don't know where she is now but back then she was a glove star. Gloved 24h, and she said that she didn't adopt to touchscreen smartphones and kept her flipphone so she can always wear gloves.

Maybe one day we'll have some holographic or air touch phones compatible with your hand motion in any material.
Engineers on the forum, let's unite! :biggrin:
Never been into opera gloves but I just wish it could be normal. I’m not saying everyone has to wear them but if you want to no one should stop you. I have friends who want to tell me there is something wrong with wearing g gloves and I want to say actually no there is not. Just the fact that they are lot normal is my issue, why can’t they be or why aren’t they is my real question. Celebrities get to double gloves at an even and we can’t even wear one pair our selves??
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

You can wear a pair yourself. The only thing that is stopping you is your own mind. If you aren't hurting anyone make yourself happy!
BuddyB
Regular poster

Post by BuddyB »

countrylatexglover wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:05 pm They seem to spark discussion which was the point. I also though that maybe if talked about enough more people would come out and talk about it a bit.
There is no harm in resurrecting an old thread by "bumping" it. To me, when starting new topics that asks the same question with different wording gives the impression that you didn't like the responses given in those threads or that by rewording it that the individuals initially responding didn't understand the question in the first place.

I view that as Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Return to “Glove talk forum”