So why not gloves in public anymore? Non Covid

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: So why not gloves in public anymore? Non Covid

Post by countrylatexglover »

BuddyB wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:24 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:05 pm They seem to spark discussion which was the point. I also though that maybe if talked about enough more people would come out and talk about it a bit.
There is no harm in resurrecting an old thread by "bumping" it. To me, when starting new topics that asks the same question with different wording gives the impression that you didn't like the responses given in those threads or that by rewording it that the individuals initially responding didn't understand the question in the first place.

I view that as Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
I apologize for asking the same thing over repeatedly in different ways. I actually did see it as asking different questions. My words might be similar or some the same but I literally try to ask different questions maybe too specific to the point that then sound the same.

Sorry but adding to this. As long as I’m not hurting anyone I don’t see any harm in how I have been posting. I have seen content on here that I don’t agree with so I just keep scrolling. The content doesn’t hurt anyone it’s just not what I’m into.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

countrylatexglover wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:05 pmAgain if my posts and comments are annoying I didn’t know that no one has come forward and said anything till this comment.
Actually, I seem to remember giving you your own megathread specifically so you could keep all of your "gloves in public" discussions contained to one topic, instead of opening new, very slightly different ones every other day.

BuddyB has a point, you know. 20 percent of all posts on this forum with the word "public" in them are yours. (Literally. I did the math.) That's bordering on obsession.

Of course I understand that this is the only place you can talk about gloves as much as you want. You're still very welcome to do so, and clearly there are plenty of people interested in engaging in the same discussions with you over and over again. But at the same time I don't find it very hard to imagine that people might get a tad bit annoyed by your ubiquitous posting habits. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it has to be said.

You can continue as you like, of course, but it's not a bad thing to be aware that your posts can have this effect on a, shall we say, non-zero amount of people.
countrylatexglover
VIP

I understand. Personally I would like to use the word passionate. I have found an avenue here that i can comfortably be myself. I would never do or post anything to harm or anger someone here intentionally. To be blunt as well there is content on this forum I cannot view. It just makes my stomach turn and actually I’m surprised it’s allowed to be on the internet. I won’t say allowed here because I know this forum is run like clock work very well!
With that being said I figure and have seen some content be removed it’s happy about. Some other content i wish would be gone but that’s not my place and if it is enjoyably it to someone and doesn’t actually harm anyone then I try not to say anything. I will if i feel the need trust me!

If I have offended anyone here I apologize for that mainly in an annoying way. I won’t stop talking about a topic I am passionate about as it seems others here seems to agree and want the same thing as I or dream about it anyway. But maybe in a way that won’t flood this forum so that like myself there would be away for you all who don’t want to see this topic to be able to not see it. And to those who want to see it can look for it.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

countrylatexglover wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:56 pmI won’t say allowed here because I know this forum is run like clock work very well!
You can tell me. In a PM, if you're more comfortable with that. I'm always open to critique. I do my best, but I'm far from infallible.

I want this forum to be enjoyable for as many people as possible. Even though that's hard sometimes with conflicting preferences.
JaneyE
WWGFA Orderly

Post by JaneyE »

Someguy wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 pm I mentioned this before but this essentially is the reason no one will wear gloves anymore:

PHONES

People are are in love with their phones and anything that gets in the way of their fingers staying in contact with their precious phones is seen as a hinderance. Until they replace touchscreen technology for phones, gloves can never make a comeback into everyday life.
I honestly don't understand this. Perhaps it's my phone, but I have zero trouble using it with any type of gloves as long as they are tight enough. (Except maybe for rubber household gloves. Haven't tried.)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

JaneyE wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:19 pmExcept maybe for rubber household gloves. Haven't tried.
I have. Works fine. :mrgreen:
operalove

Post by operalove »

JaneyE wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:19 pm
Someguy wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 pm I mentioned this before but this essentially is the reason no one will wear gloves anymore:

PHONES

People are are in love with their phones and anything that gets in the way of their fingers staying in contact with their precious phones is seen as a hinderance. Until they replace touchscreen technology for phones, gloves can never make a comeback into everyday life.
I honestly don't understand this. Perhaps it's my phone, but I have zero trouble using it with any type of gloves as long as they are tight enough. (Except maybe for rubber household gloves. Haven't tried.)
It depends on the thickness and the lining. With thin tight gloves, you can use it (even though it can be hard sometimes and you have to push harder on the screen).
The issue is with most sold gloved that are bulky, made of wool, have thick lining. That's what most people buy and it doesn't work unless you have that touch material on the finger tips.
JaneyE
WWGFA Orderly

Post by JaneyE »

Rommeltje wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:38 pm
JaneyE wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:19 pmExcept maybe for rubber household gloves. Haven't tried.
I have. Works fine. :mrgreen:
Of course you have! :lol:
Someguy
VIP

Post by Someguy »

JaneyE wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:19 pm

PHONES

I have but it depends on the phone I guess. Regardless, when you're so obsessed with your phone any hint of obstruction between your bare fingers and that touchscreen is going to be discarded.
countrylatexglover
VIP

It is sad that phones have taken right over. And I agree that they don’t help the situation everyone younger than me is obsessed with their phone. Smart technology has surpassed us as feared by Albert Einstein years ago.

Although we stopped wearing gloves before touch screen phones. What is weird to me is how disappointing some people look at me when I wear gloves. Now granted most of the time it’s because they are disposable. But I have worn cotton gloves also and people still look at that weird.

Return to “Glove talk forum”