Best non textured medical latex gloves?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

ac130monster
Newcomer

Best non textured medical latex gloves?

Post by ac130monster »

I’m trying to find a really good brand of medical latex gloves that aren’t textured. What’s everyones preferred medical gloves? I wanted to try surgical gloves been they’re extremely expensive on amazon.
BuddyB
Regular poster

Re: Best non textured medical latex gloves?

Post by BuddyB »

My personal favorites are the Biogel PI (polyisoprene) gloves. In my opinion, and this is based on almost 25 years of trying different styles, these are the best surgical gloves I have ever come across. Brand new out of the packet, they just glide across the skin when worn. They are easy to re-don even after wearing for an extended period of time. Another aspect that I like about these is that they are slightly thicker than a typical surgical glove. I know that there are people that prefer a thinner glove, sometimes the thinnest possible.

What other "features" are you seeking? Thick, thin, color, length, smell....

I would recommend checking ebay for checking out some different possibilities. There are plenty of sellers that sell gloves in pairs at a time such as 5, 10, & 20.
ac130monster
Newcomer

Post by ac130monster »

I’m looking for really nice latex medical gloves that aren’t textured, they smell strongly like latex, I’m not sure about thickness, and honestly I’d love to find latex gloves that aren’t white or beige. Most latex gloves are just white and the other colors are typically nitrile. Length wise I like a long cuff. I’m not very experienced when it comes to shopping for gloves I’m just starting to get into buying them.
pond

Post by pond »

Blue- biogel indicator gloves non-latex
Green- biogel latex underglove
Green- medline non latex (forget what there called, wife grabs them from work for me)
BuddyB
Regular poster

Post by BuddyB »

pond wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:05 pm Green- medline non latex (forget what there called, wife grabs them from work for me)
Those are probably Sensicare Green.

Another green glove that I like is the Ansell Gammex PI Ortho.

To add to pond's post:

Brown - Biogel PI OrthoPro (non latex)
Globo
Occasional poster

Post by Globo »

pond wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:05 pm Blue- biogel indicator gloves non-latex
Green- biogel latex underglove
Green- medline non latex (forget what there called, wife grabs them from work for me)
Are they totally smooth, like the inner surface?
I know Molnlycke also makes Biogel Diagnostic in a smooth version, but i've never found them.

Return to “Glove talk forum”