Are you wearing gloves right now?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Are you wearing gloves right now?

Post by mrs uni »

Today it's the turn of dark blue Playtex Living household rubber gloves. My hands are happy :yay:
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

mrs uni wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:53 am Today it's the turn of dark blue Playtex Living household rubber gloves. My hands are happy :yay:
We need pictures! :p I don't think we get them in the UK. :luv:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

mrs uni wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:53 amToday it's the turn of dark blue Playtex Living household rubber gloves. My hands are happy :yay:
Is that a special edition? :hmm: Are these those that have a slightly metallic shine?
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

Cant wait for thursday...
Wife at work
Me working afternoon shift
So i can have all morning to play with her gowns and my gloves and thigh high boots 😍
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

tronn206 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:36 am
mrs uni wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:53 am Today it's the turn of dark blue Playtex Living household rubber gloves. My hands are happy :yay:
I got them through eBay because as you say, they aren't available in the UK which is a shame, especially as you can't buy Casabella Waterstops anymore in the UK either. I get almost all of my rubber gloves from America as the quality is so much better.
Rommeltje wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 pm
mrs uni wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:53 amToday it's the turn of dark blue Playtex Living household rubber gloves. My hands are happy :yay:
Is that a special edition? :hmm: Are these those that have a slightly metallic shine?
I think they're from the standard new range of colours; grey, cranberry and teal (but more like navy blue) and not that metallic. The cranberry ones are lovely but I've only one pair of those left as a glove from the other pair developed a hole.

Today I'm wearing pale blue Casabellas from the era when they lost the plot and the quality dropped drastically. That said, they feel nasty when you draw them on unlike decent Casabellas (old and new) but they're still a thick, quality glove compared to most of the stuff you see in supermarkets. That said, they are coming off any minute now as they are getting a bit uncomfortable and sweaty inside from doing hours of chores!
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

mrs uni wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:27 pm
tronn206 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:36 am
I got them through eBay because as you say, they aren't available in the UK which is a shame, especially as you can't buy Casabella Waterstops anymore in the UK either. I get almost all of my rubber gloves from America as the quality is so much better.

Bringing up an interesting recently discussed rubber glove topic on here, Pros & Cons of Chlorination . Would you know if they're chlorinated or not?

Thanks
Last edited by tronn206 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

mrs uni wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:27 pmI think they're from the standard new range of colours; grey, cranberry and teal (but more like navy blue) and not that metallic.
Grey? 8-O That's a weird colour. It looks almost like they just forgot to add dye to one batch, and decided to present it as a new look. :lol:

And are these the cranberry and teal ones?
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

Those are the Cranberry ones as I have a pair, though mine were sold as a single pair in a small pkg.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Rommeltje wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:06 pm
mrs uni wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:27 pmI think they're from the standard new range of colours; grey, cranberry and teal (but more like navy blue) and not that metallic.
Grey? 8-O That's a weird colour. It looks almost like they just forgot to add dye to one batch, and decided to present it as a new look. :lol:

And are these the cranberry and teal ones?
That's them. They also do them in grey, perhaps because grey is popular at present and it'd go in people's kitchens and it isn't too girly? I'm not keen, the cranberry is the nicest I'd say,

As for them being chlorinated I really wouldn't know, there are folk who know far more about this than me, the inclusion of neoprene may have an influnce on the feel of the gloves, again I'm no expert on these things... :???:
latex_uk
Occasional poster

Post by latex_uk »

Sunday Monday Tues wife at work rubber glove time her I come

Return to “Glove talk forum”