No more attachments allowed for a while

Get up to date with the goings on of the forum

Moderator: Jake

Rommeltje
The man in charge

No more attachments allowed for a while

Post by Rommeltje »

Our webhost has a limited amount of disk space available for this forum. We've got plenty of room yet, but at the rate we're going, that won't last indefinitely, and most of it is taken up by attachments.

So, since people are still uploading a lot of photos directly to the forum instead of using services like Imagebam or Imgur, I'm going to disallow attachments until people start primarily hosting their content off-site. It'll make the forum last much longer.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: No more attachments allowed for a while

Post by Rommeltje »

Wait, hold up. Turns out that if I turn off attachments completely, all the previously uploaded attachments disappear as well (they still exist on the server, they're just invisible on the forum). That wasn't the intention.

Instead, I'll just severely restrict the limits, which doesn't do anything retroactively. So from now on you're allowed only one attachment per post, with a maximum file size of 10 kb.

And just to be clear: posting pictures (and videos) is still very much encouraged. Just make sure they're hosted on another site.

Wrong: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=33053 (Sorry to make an example out of you, Jake. :p)

Right: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=31335

Return to “News”