Hello from Cambridge UK!

Introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Hello from Cambridge UK!

Post by MistressAriadne »

Hi all,

I'm Melody, a trans woman living in Cambridge (UK not MA!). I've had a glove fetish for as long as I can remember, and before the COVID pandemic I was very much involved in the kink scene. I do intend to resume play at kink events as soon as it's all over - though thanks to the rise of the Delta variant, I don't know when that will be.

I'm joining to meet other people who share my fetish, and to ask a few questions along the way.

I think my favourites are long satin opera gloves, and Marigold-like rubber gloves. I've got some fake-leather gloves as well. In a piece of potential heresy to some of you... I quite like fingerless satin gloves too!

Cheers,

Melody x
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Hello from Cambridge UK!

Post by Rommeltje »

Hi Melody! Welcome aboard, and good to have you! :whoop:

I hope we can answer all questions you might have. :-) And I'm sure our resident fingerless (though leather) glove lover Glovesarefun will be very happy he's not alone anymore. :mrgreen:

Please make yourself at home!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

DominaMelody wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:59 pmI quite like fingerless satin gloves too!
In all honesty, I don't think I'd every seen fingerless satin gloves before, but look what I just came across! :D

Or do the gloves themselves have to be longer for you to like them? :hmm:
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

DominaMelody wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:59 pm Hi all,

I'm Melody, a trans woman living in Cambridge (UK not MA!). I've had a glove fetish for as long as I can remember, and before the COVID pandemic I was very much involved in the kink scene. I do intend to resume play at kink events as soon as it's all over - though thanks to the rise of the Delta variant, I don't know when that will be.

I'm joining to meet other people who share my fetish, and to ask a few questions along the way.

I think my favourites are long satin opera gloves, and Marigold-like rubber gloves. I've got some fake-leather gloves as well. In a piece of potential heresy to some of you... I quite like fingerless satin gloves too!

Cheers,

Melody x
Hi Melody and welcome to the forum. I must admit I have just been struggling with your liking for fingerless gloves and almost put you on my ignore list (Have we actually got one?) But as it's only satin gloves (just upset loads of members.🤣) I can handle it. But you get any ideas about doing the same to household rubber or latex gloves. Then that's it.😂🤣

Anyway hi and have fun.😘
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Hi all, and thank you for your kind words of welcome!

I've posted an apology for taking so lomg to reply in a few other threads - long story short, with the pandemic and social distancing dragging on, there've been a few times when I've felt rather down and didn't feel up to talking online - sadly, this time it lasted quite a while.

@tronn206 Don't worry, I have no interest in de-fingering rubber gloves!

@Rommeltje Those aren't quite the same shape as the fingerless gloves I had in mind - but it was surprisingly hard to find a good reference photo!

Here's the basic shape in light blue spandex:

Note the elongated thumb section, and one hole through which the four fingers poke.

And here's something similar in lace:

I'm a big fan of the Can Can, so I fell in love with that design when I saw cancan dancers on TV wearing them a long time ago. Though they do have to be at least elbow-length for me to be interested.
Last edited by MistressAriadne on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Welcome again! :D
DominaMelody wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:17 pmI don't know how to scale an image on this board, so these are going to be larger than intended.
For horizontal photos, you can use the [imgsize] tags. But since the photos you posted are vertical, that's not going to make much of a difference.

There's another method that works, but it's a bit complicated. If you use [imgsz] tags, you can specify the precise height and width. It works a bit different from the normal image tags though:

[ imgsz = URL of your image ] height x width [ / imgsz ] (without all the spaces).

So with your picture, it would look like this:

[imgsz=https://i.etsystatic.com/11380729/r/il/aca686/1033805764/il_794xN.1033805764_kczq.jpg]192x108[/imgsz] (you can choose any height and width).

Of course, you'll want people to also be able to see the full size picture, so it's a good idea to add url tags around the whole thing:

[ url = Same URL as the image ] [ imgsz = URL of your image ] height x width [ / imgsz ] [ / url ]

Or, with your image:

[url=https://i.etsystatic.com/11380729/r/il/aca686/1033805764/il_794xN.1033805764_kczq.jpg][imgsz=https://i.etsystatic.com/11380729/r/il/aca686/1033805764/il_794xN.1033805764_kczq.jpg]192x108[/imgsz][/url]

The final result will then look like this:
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Thanks! Resized nicely.

Though that does remind me - as I've basically posted links to images instead of uploading image files, is there a way to do the latter so that the pictures above won't vanish if the Etsy listings I took them from change?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

No, I'm afraid not. We've practically disabled attachments (only very small file sizes are still allowed) because we're on shared hosting, and the uploads were costing us too much server space.

You can instead download the pictures and then upload them to Imagebam or - even better - Imgur and embed them here. It's unlikely your files will ever disappear from there.
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Thanks. I'll sign up for an Imgur account at the weekend.
kl0buerste
Occasional poster

Post by kl0buerste »

Long Satin gloves! Nice a Lady with class :)

Return to “Introductions”