Greetings from southern California

Introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Leatherbound_81
Newcomer

Greetings from southern California

Post by Leatherbound_81 »

Joined last year but been meaning to introduce myself. I hail from southern California and have had this fetish for gloves since childhood, particularly leather gloves. Being a child during the 1980s I remember watching all sorts of cartoons back in the day but knew certain characters gave me a funny feeling (a good funny feeling). Characters like Scarlett, Lady Jaye, and the Baroness in G.I. Joe, or Gloria Baker and Vanessa Warfield in M.A.S.K. I'd get into comics as well, particularly The X-Men during the late 80s/early 90s era (the same era that the Fox cartoon was based on), and LOVED Rogue (the tragic gloved goddess).

Reading some of the threads on this board, I feel at home with like-minded folk/fetishists. Skimming through the "Experiences" board made me recall various real-life experiences I've had with gloved women, especially childhood experiences. I can, to the best of my recollection, chalk down my fetish to two things from when I was young:

1. My mom used to wear these sorta wool gloves (dark brown) that had light brown/tannish colored palms and tops similar to that foamy fabric you find on Isotoner gloves. Y'know, the foamy faux leather that feels so soft to the touch? When she used to wear them, she'd hold my little hand tight and when we got home, she used to let me play with them. It was innocent, just me flopping them around and touching the palm areas as my mom put away groceries or such.

2. When we moved up north to central California (which happened from the mid to late 80s, we returned to southern California by late 1989), my mom had a friend, named Tish, that would always come over to babysit while she and my grandma went out to shop and such. Well, her name was "Trish" (short for Patricia), but as a child, I had a problem pronouncing the "r" sound (I would wind up taking speech classes during middle school to clear that one up), so I called her "Tish" and she didn't mind that (she thought it was cute). Tish was a young mother, and when I say "young", I mean, she couldn't be more than her early-20s by this time (1987-1988) and her son was a few years younger than me (and I kinda treated him as my cool little kid brother), so she had him in high school. Not getting into the gritty details I learned from my mom, but she wind up staying with her grandma in our town and her grandma (and mine) were members of this church group, which my mom attended with my grandma and Tish with her grandma, and Tish and my mom being the youngest (my mom was in her early 30s), they became friends. So lots of babysitting each other's children and hanging out, basically. To me, Tish seemed like a big sister. She was moderately pretty (big blue eyes, shoulder-length permed brunette hair) and energetic. She loved watching music videos and singing along to popular songs, playing Nintendo with us, and such. But during the colder months, she had the habit of wearing her long, oversized grey wool coat (I think the style of pattern Herringbone), various bright patterned sweaters, but always a pair of tight black leather gloves that went up past her wrist to about the midway point of her forearm. Noting my fascination with fictional gloved characters, seeing a real woman that wasn't my mom, but young, pretty, friendly, warm, and caring, wearing leather gloves, made me more excited to see her. There were times she'd offer to drive me to school in the chilly morning. I would sit in the passenger's seat, her son in the back. We'd leave a bit earlier because she'd get us McDonald's for breakfast and we'd eat in the car before she drove me to school. She'd eat with her gloves on (I think carefully holding her Egg McMuffin and Hashbrowns with an extra napkin) and drove the rest of the way with one hand gripping the steering wheel in her tight leather grip, the other holding tight her large McDonald's coffee which she'd constantly take sips from (which when I think about it, might've been a bit dangerous given how hot that coffee was and the lawsuit McDonald's had with that woman that burned after she spilled coffee on herself in her car). Before I opened the car door, she'd pat my shoulder with her glove hand and wish me a good day. And that wasn't an isolated occurrence. The times Tish took me to school on those chilly mornings, or the times she took us out to various places, like the mall (she held my hand with her soft, leather-gloved hands as we crossed the parking lot and I didn't want to let go <3 ), I really think Tish breathed life to my fetish. If my mom's glove was the spark, Tish was the fire. There was always a lingering ember there, like I noted, with cartoons and such, but knowing Tish, my fetish burned bright.

But yeah, anyway, I live in southern California (back from where I started from), which while it isn't known to be cold during the Winter (at least "laughable" to those not from here that DO come from seasonal "snowy in the Winter" areas), when we DO get brisk cooler weather (typically late Winter into early Spring; ranging from highs of 50F to lows of 20F), to native SoCali folk, it's enough to put on the scarves, jackets/coats, boots and, of course, gloves. I will definitely get around to posting about some of my experiences, ranging from my younger teen years up to the present day.

I hope you all have a glovely day and a glovelier tomorrow!
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Re: Greetings from southern California

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

Welcome. I look forward to reading more about your experiences.
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

Welcome to the forum. Have fun.
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

Welcome leatherbound. Did you ever get a chance to wear Tish' s gloves ?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Three weeks late, due to traveling (along the other coast of your country), but a sincere welcome from me too! :D

Return to “Introductions”