Has anyone seen the old Playtex Gloves

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

glvluv
Regular poster

Has anyone seen the old Playtex Gloves

Post by glvluv »

Since Playtex changed the Living Gloves to their horrible casabella like copy, has anyone seen the original gloves at any clearance places? I really thought that I would find the old gloves show up in some of the discount overstock places. I know around my area that when the new gloves came out stores were stocked with the new purple gloves and all the old yellow gloves were picked up. I sure would like to find a few pairs of these.
With the change though I've started trying some different brands and have found some good options:
1) Rite Aid Deluxe Long Cuff Gloves - a coated (think more durable) long yellow glove that has lasted very well for cleaning and odd jobs. (my wife and don't use these for fun)
http://www.riteaid.com/stores/weekly_ad ... egion=west
2) Clorox Comfort Gloves (from Target) - only sold in a small/medium or large/xtra large size, very rubbery slick interior, in a pale blue
http://milo.com/clorox-comfort-choice-gloves-s
gloveloverus
VIP

Re: Has anyone seen the old Playtex Gloves

Post by gloveloverus »

Have not seen the old Playtex in Canada, only the Handsavers are available now. Seems like the entire line of Living Gloves are gone in Canada. I have stocked some older yellow and pink Living gloves, think they are actually very good. New ones are not as good as the old ones, long cuffs but don't feel as good as Casabella's, just not a big fan of!

I should have grabbed a pair of Clorox while I saw them at Walmart, now they're gone. Sadly to say, looks like glove selections in Canada gone from bad to worse! Almost all I can find now are just dollar-store gloves and only in yellow colours!
yergieglover
Regular poster

Post by yergieglover »

I found a decent pair of yellow HRG at Target. Lined, not too thick, nice yellow color, good smell. I kinda like simple yellow gloves, but I'd love a pair of for real Playtex gloves.
I do see Casabella gloves a lot though. I'm a fan of the water stop cuff because I can make the glove longer. Anyone have any other brand suggestions for the US? It just has to be long and not too thick, and I mostly prefer unlined. I remember a few pairs I had. They were unlined and had two toned fingertips. Anyone know that I'm talking about? I wore them when I fucked all the time when I was younger.
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

I have a few pairs of the older playtex gloves. I like the new ones though.
I love rubber gloves!
household99
Regular poster

Post by household99 »

I am also not a big fan of the new replacement for the Living brand. They do look very much like Casabella. I also do not like the new purple color. It looks like they are only available in purple and pink. However, I have not seen the pink ones.

I actually prefer the Handsaver brand to the Living brand. Handsavers are smaller and less bulky.
dj_scotty_a
Regular poster

Post by dj_scotty_a »

I have owned a few pairs from the old playtex living brand and I found them to be amazing to wear the long cuff that hugged the forearm especially in a small size (which I wear) and the two shades of yellow and pink were nice too, one of my favourite pairs of rubber gloves.
LatexJay
WWGFA donor

Post by LatexJay »

I miss the old ones myself but when they started swapping them out I bought about 10 pairs so I'd have some for later. The new ones aren't horrible but they aren't great either. I miss the smell the most, those gloves had a great perfume to them.

Return to “The Market Square”