Leather gloves

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Leather gloves

Post by countrylatexglover »

I would like so ideals of your favorite female sized black leather gloves. I am a male but prefer wearing women’s gloves as I have smaller hands don’t judge lol. Wanting some ideas of really smooth and thin black writer length leather gloves plain as possible no studs or decor if possible. And Small in size I don’t have big hands lol.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: Leather gloves

Post by GlovedYankee »

You are fine with your choice of gloves, there are several men in the forums here who prefer woman’s gloves, me among them. Woman’s gloves fit better if you have smaller hands or fingers (like what they call cadet gloves) I was struttingly encouraged on to trying woman’e gloves and own a few pair now and love them. They are smoother, fit better, and the leather just feels so much nicer then the rough leather that men’s gloves tend to be made with. I have bought my gloves through amazon and it can take a few tired before you find the right size or style you will like. This is the best time of year to be looking at gloves with winter and the proliferation of many stores carrying gloves for that reason. Another great source is leatherglovesonline.com
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 pm You are fine with your choice of gloves, there are several men in the forums here who prefer woman’s gloves, me among them. Woman’s gloves fit better if you have smaller hands or fingers (like what they call cadet gloves) I was struttingly encouraged on to trying woman’e gloves and own a few pair now and love them. They are smoother, fit better, and the leather just feels so much nicer then the rough leather that men’s gloves tend to be made with. I have bought my gloves through amazon and it can take a few tired before you find the right size or style you will like. This is the best time of year to be looking at gloves with winter and the proliferation of many stores carrying gloves for that reason. Another great source is leatherglovesonline.com
Sounds good thank you for your response! Also would like to know how to avoid the knuckle bumps that tent to form once broke in. Unless that is just part of the leather glove world. When ever I would buy leather gloves and wear them over time they tended to get stretched out and start to not fit so tightly anymore and also get bumps molded to my knuckles and when I flatten my hands out wearing them the bumps would stick up.

Was i just not getting the proper size or is that just cheaper leather. They were also women’s works gloves but plain leather.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

I find you want to get a smaller size then what you normally wear. Leather does stretch over time and it tends to get bigger on your hands if they are the normal size, like I ran across with my regular size. I am usually a med or so for men’s gloves, so look for a woman xl and that is a better fit. If it is a tad small, then slowly work them on to your hands and just get them adapted to your hands and they will mold to your hands nicely. The buckle holes are there and there isn’t much you can do about them, then just live with it I’ve found.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Ahh okay well thanks for that it has awakes been a hangin for me lol. As latex and nitrile of course different material have always just stayed formed to your hands ya know. And leather does too but it keeps the shape a little too well haha. Makes them comfortable definitely but the knuckle bumps always got me with visual appeal haha. If i ever get a pair I will consider all of this though.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

countrylatexglover wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:55 pm If i ever get a pair I will consider all of this though.
I started out with cotton gloves and tried nitrite and latex and love those, but the leather gloves really do it for me. My husband and I both have a few pairs of leather driving gloves. I wear mine all the time he is normally just in the car and or running errands in his. I recommend you get a pair you think you might like and try wearing them a few times.
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

As i have stated before in other posts, as a male i will only wear women’s leather gloves. The fit and finish is far superior to that of men’s. You will also find that women’s leather gloves are easier to find than men’s. Yes, they do run smaller which from what you said sounds like a good thing with your hand size. I have rather large hands myself and find that a women’s 8 to 8.5 work well with a bit of working in on the leather. As gloved Yankee said above, Leather gloves online has a great selection of what you are looking for. Some gloves are unlined and very thin leather that will easily stretch to fit. Word of warning though, women’s leather gloves can be a little delicate and work them in easily as it is easy to pop the stitching if you try to stretch them too fast. The thinner the leather the more prone they are to tearing. Enjoy! I bought my first pair of women’s gloves very young and since have only worn women’s leather gloves.
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi mate!

I have been to Rome, Italy, twice and they have a brand called Sermoneta, which manufacture really nice leather gloves for women (and men), unlined short leather gloves! I have found them very soft and rather thin (womens, as I prefer womens gloves myself), and I am very happy with mine! :D I can also reccoment you search for gloves made with Pittards leather! Those unlined gloves are usually very thin and supple! You can run a search on Ebay for this! There is a seller here in Europe that sells Pittards Gloves there! I have bought a pair of opera length gloves from him, which are really nice and thin, however, I am usually a size 7½, and they are a tad bit small for me, so you might wish to order a half size larger from this seller.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Hi

I was going to suggest Dents gloves as they do some lovely unlined and silk lined gloves that are made with good quality but fine leather. Marks and Spencers in the UK do a wide range too; both do a nicely fitted ladies leather glove up to about an 8.5 size. Hope that helps x

Return to “The Market Square”