Amazon Leather Glove seller

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

nwgl12

Amazon Leather Glove seller

Post by nwgl12 »

Dooway is a seller on Amazon that sells some absolutely fantastic faux leather gloves in a dizzying amount of colors and lengths. Best part is they're ridiculously cheap and, as someone with small hands, they fit amazing on me.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Amazon Leather Glove seller

Post by Ceramic »

anddddddddddd,you forgot to put links for others to enjoy ;)
nwgl12

Post by nwgl12 »

sexcuir
VIP

Post by sexcuir »

faux lether s not expensive but just crap
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

crap is a bit harsh :)
its cheap so u get what you paid for...not anyone would run and spend 50$ for a pair...

sometimes u get lucky and it lasts for a long time :)

i can tell i bought these,also chinese,and i had them for bout 2yrs and they were great! (gave them away to some girl who posed for me :p)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7 ... UTF8&psc=1
sexcuir
VIP

Post by sexcuir »

hello you confirm own words chinese not only ruined the world temporarily with covid but ...https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 34752.html
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

Agreed with ceramic above “crap” is a bit harsh and ill purposed.

The OP found a deal on some nice looking gloves at a great price. If you don’t like them, then don’t buy them. Pretty easy! Why trash somebody whom is promoting our loved genre or fetish and deter them from wearing leather gloves or in this case PU leather gloves. I guess leather glove wearers and especially long leather gloves wearers have become so prevalent that we can now be elitist?

BTW: You do realize that some of the top name fashion designers whom offer fine leather gloves have them produced in China. Hmmm, something to think about I guess.
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

While these vids are interesting to view, I fail to see the purpose and how it relates to the discussion of the ill purposed post of sexcuir. We all will agree that the Chinese produced gloves, even those of fashion designers such as Michael Kors, Kate Spade and Calvin Klein do not measure up to those of Louis Vuitton, Prada or Hermès. That was not questioned, the point was that the ill purposed post of one member to this thread was meant to dismay another member from purchasing and ultimately wearing long leather or in this case long PU leather gloves. This sort of action is contradictory to what I believe this forum’s purpose is and that is to promote leather glove wearing and enjoyment.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Luckyhubby wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:36 pm(...)the ill purposed post of one member to this thread was meant to dismay another member from purchasing and ultimately wearing long leather or in this case long PU leather gloves. This sort of action is contradictory to what I believe this forum’s purpose is and that is to promote leather glove wearing and enjoyment.
I wouldn't go as far as that. I agree the comment was a bit harsh and crudely stated - due in part to his rudimentary grasp of the English language - but it was an opinion on glove material, not on the person planning to wear them.

Having said that, it definitely did derail the thread, though, so I'll clean it up a bit.

*Edit: anyone interested in the referenced videos can see them here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34386
VintageLeather
Occasional poster

Post by VintageLeather »

When I read "leather" I was going to be interested for a moment. But then I read into the actual thread to see it's most likely polyvinyl chloride I must chime in to agree to sexcuir. Ironically, PVC is the material trash bags are made of... or the well-known polyurethane (PU), which again is clasified as plastic and thus 100% opposite of leather, which is a natural material, even when treated. Everything "Poly" is from a factory and plastic and has not even been remotely close to anything sentiend (like goats, sheep et cetera). They might have a very tiny bit of leather scraps inside (under leayers of plastic) but that is like calling plywood full of scrap material and glue "100% mahagony". That has nothing to do with elitism (read that later.. like, really?), but plastic is simply not leather. It's that simple. The A88 - a well-known iPhone fake from China - is still not an Apple phone.

Stating that is not "elitism" either, but you can't claim you own an iPhone, do you?

Chinese manufacturers are usually extemely poor on real leather, but that has something to do with people not being able to see high quality hides anymore (buy your random pair for 10€ on eBay or etsy from some grandma and you will be surprised that it will surpass 300€ designer ones from China) and because of the heavy regulated chemicals used to dye and treat hides. These were not a thing "back then" (50s, 60s, 70s,). I had so many cancelled orders from Pakistani vendors as they showed me their glossy, plastic-y leather they would have used and called it "Premium" "leather".

Just to make things clear, we are all in the same boat and like to see our hands covered in certain material. Heck, the last time I put on some large rubber ones I got semi-hard as I love gauntlet gloves. But WYSIWYG, and if you put a well-known, very questionable label on them like a used car dealer or call your cheap merchandise watches "Rolex" then you might get the response of people who know the real deal. Sexcuir is lacking the skills to provide as much insight as I do I guess and thus it looks like ill-intended, but the quintessence is right. Looking at the images for example: These are random stock images (the girl with the dress I had on the wall for a bit) and even the famous burlesque dancer Dita von Teese and I am sure both did not buy those plastic ones which makes the whole store much more questionable (which we know from Chinese shops to put images of nice things there and you get something totally different).

However, I must say that the gloss on certain of these amazon-ones are really interesting, as it creates a nice shadow play on might look fantastic in various light settings as you move your hands/arms. Achieving this on real leather is possible but only to a certain extend as the more glossy it gets, the more plastic-y it also gets. I'd trend this here more into the latex area and that fanbase. So rock on, dear OP.

Return to “The Market Square”