Wearing gloves in public [Megathread]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

distantglovingalert
Regular poster

Re: Gloves in the office.

Post by distantglovingalert »

I'm a student worker at the university I'm attending. A former co-worker (who has since graduated) got her hands and feet cold very easily, so she would wear her favorite maroon wrist-length leather gloves and knee-high leather boots more frequently than any other people (and also because sometimes in the winter our AC is still cold or heater turned off despite a snowstorm happening outside). I think she was the person whose style I most often complimented, because she had an impeccable sense of fashion that matched well with her wearing gloves and boots quite often. The sad thing is, she moved to another state at the end of summer.

Since I have sensitive skin that can be completely destroyed in the winter, I did try wearing my leather gloves to work in my office on some of the coldest days last winter. And nobody said anything beyond asking, "Is it that cold?", to which I replied yes. I have to say that having glove-wearing co-workers (there is also another person who almost always wears either leather gloves or bicycle gloves in his office) increased my confidence in wearing gloves at work. It's good for my health and my fetish I guess, to be able to do that.
Turn it on... Turn it on, turn it on again!
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Re: Does anyone else wear gloves to get fuel in their car?

Post by Luckyhubby »

Yes,

I have a pair of leather work gloves in the door pocket of my truck for that sole purpose. As mentioned above, diesel handles are quite nasty and will ruin fine leather gloves and certainly will put a smell on my hands without any glove at all. I / we are not alone as i have seen many diesel drivers doing this.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Work gloves.

Post by countrylatexglover »

So for those of you who get to or have to wear gloves at work due to the nature of your job, what kind of gloves do you get to wear? Do you have to buy your own or are they provided? And do they fit you good or too big if they give them too you? How hard is it to wear your gloves at work or is it easy for you to do?

For those of you in the medical field do you wear gloves every chance you get for things even a little as taking vital signs or do you keep it down low and only wear them when you need to?
Sandra666
Occasional poster

Re: Gloves in the office.

Post by Sandra666 »

Here, in Poland, to see something like this

is very rare, but possible
countrylatexglover
VIP

Had a sit down Lunch with gloves on.

So it wasn’t a restaurant but I was a quick stop for a sandwich. We just went to a small place to grab a sandwich for lunch and there was a sit down area to eat it. I walked in with my gloves on and never took them off. A few workers looked at me funny but the rest didn’t say anything and just kept smiling. I left them on the whole time and was even told thank you for coming have a nice day. Even though they have to say that I was nice to hear even though I was gloves and they could have tried to ignore us. It is becoming easier to do this still in places we wouldn’t see people we know but it something.
Last edited by countrylatexglover on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Re: Had a sit down launch with gloves on.

Post by tronn206 »

Hi, what type of gloves were they? Think I must have missed something. :biggrin:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: Had a sit down lunch with gloves on.

tronn206 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:58 pm Hi, what type of gloves were they? Think I must have missed something. :biggrin:
While xs nitrile exam gloves very tight on me and fit with just a little stretch I love them!
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Re: Had a sit down launch with gloves on.

Post by tronn206 »

Nice. well done. :D
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
countrylatexglover
VIP

Driving with my nitrile gloves on.

Was out driving home with my nitrile gloves on which is pretty usual. Pulled up next to some one with purple nitrile gloves on also driving. Pretty sure this individual actually wears them in public more than me because I think they wear them on a Daliy basis. We were both kinda surprised to see this! It’s not growing yet as much as I would like but it’s not the first time I have seen someone else recently in public with nitrile gloves on now.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Wearing nitrile gloves at work.

So I have been being brave. Decided to try and wear my nitrile gloves at work. Since I sit toward the back it is easier to do. I am very careful about wearing them and will take them off at anytime if I hear people walking too close. I even wore them to wash my coffee cup which was nice cause it was an excuse to wear them in front of other without worry. I just say I get dried out hands very quickly. Have been doing. More recently and will just have to be careful with it. Now I do prefer latex gloves more but I use nitrile when doing it in public to avoid and latex contamination for allergy purposes. Will continue to try this as it fees good to be able to do it!

Return to “Glove talk forum”