When did rubber household and surgical gloves first become a fetish item?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

majkic
Regular poster

When did rubber household and surgical gloves first become a fetish item?

Post by majkic »

I very nearly posted this under the existing thread which asks the interesting question "what or when was the first ever recorded gloved handjob or sex scene", because my question is somewhat similar - but then again it's also somewhat different, so I've posted here, hopefully with Rom's approval.

The question about handjobs and gloved sex scenes reminded me of a question that I've often wondered in the past: when did people first start to realise they liked the feel and /or look of rubber gloves in a sexual way? I wonder what wenththrough the minds of the executives and technicians at the glove manufacturers when they created the first smooth chlorinated gloves that feel so good?

As a starter, when I was a child we had a next-door-neighbour who always bought unlined lightweight rubber gloves, and seemed to have them in lots of places; the garden, the kitchen, the bathroom... ...not really unusual I guess but there was something about her attitude towards them that (looking back) makes me wonder. She was late middle-aged even when I was a child, never married, and I sometimes speculate did she have a fetish for the gloves herself? Was there a point somewhere in her adult youth, perhaps, when cool silky rubber gloves first became readily available for household use, a time when she first slipped her hands into a pair and thought "oo-oo-h" as she realised the feeling of the gloves was turning her on? Did she ever use them in "other" rooms of the house, slipping glove-clad fingers in and around places where a "respectable" spinster never should? Did she perhaps get hooked during her time in the Women's Land Army where I believe she'd has some sort of medical role? Whatever, she was one of the reasons I "discovered" my own fetish, so if there is "another side" when we depart this life I hope I'll be able to ask her!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: When did rubber household and surgical gloves first become a fetish item?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Thank you for asking this! This basically the same question That ya been going through my mind. I have been thinking about how far back the fetish goes. Was it around when ever the first gloves were invented? Sorry not to steal your questions by any means I have just been wondering the same thing!
Allrubbery
Occasional poster

Post by Allrubbery »

Have you ever wondered what percentage of gloves made get used for fetish sex etc.?
countrylatexglover
VIP

Allrubbery wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:50 pm Have you ever wondered what percentage of gloves made get used for fetish sex etc.?
Yes Definitely sometime I also wonder how many people use them for it.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So not to ask this questions from the original poster by any means but we still don’t have the answer to the question yet has anyone gotten any information on this at all?
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

Allrubbery wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:50 pm Have you ever wondered what percentage of gloves made get used for fetish sex etc.?
According to this page this one hospital uses 1.75 million gloves per year.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC99328/

My guess based on that one random hospital would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1% or less of gloves
JT4004
Regular poster

Post by JT4004 »

I was 7 or 8 when I really started to get into wearing gloves. They were mostly my mothers washing up gloves that I would sneak away. Every time she got a new pair I would sneak the other pair away and add it my collection. Sometimes I would even cut a small in hole in her new pair so I could have them. At around 14 I discovered the sensation that wearing gloves bought and how much fun I could have with them. Since then I have discovered other varieties of gloves as well such as satin and latex but it was rubber gloves that got me started.
HeavyGloves
Regular poster

Post by HeavyGloves »

I might have said this in another thread but it’s all good :)
I was about 5 or six years of age when I first remember my father bringing a pair of Orange rubber gloves home from where he worked.
I remember playing with the idea of touching them and smelling them: a pair of Marigold heavyweight orange rubber gloves. I located them under the bathroom sink counter. Up until then I had not really much excitement or any feelings about rubber OR gloves. I knew my mom used a pair of yellow Platex gloves in the kitchen, but it had not really focused any of my attention previously.

I opened up the bathroom counter door, and on the bottom shelf, next to an empty cleaning bucket and a plastic bottle of bleach, were the orange rubber gloves. I remember they had the nice Marigold floral pattern on the outside, and it had a small mark of “XL” on them, which must have been around a size 10 or 10.5 or 11. I casually touched the cuffs of the gloves with my hand, and i remember feeling how soft the rubber was, cool but yet smooth like a thick rubber balloon. I closed the bathroom door and locked it, then turned back to the gloves. I had no idea why I could hear my heartbeat beating fast,it seemed like I would be able to hear every sound for a few miles around. It seemed to heighten my senses of smell, sound, and touch.

Wanting to explore but not really knowing what I wanted, just that it felt really amazing and the gloves looked quite beautiful, the orange colour was a lovely contrast and different than the usual sunny bright (almost Neon) yellow gloves that I was used to seeing all the time. I took one of the two gloves, and opened the cuff, I didn’t know why really at the time but I smelled inside one of the gloves. A rich mixed smell came out of them, since the gloves were still practically a day old and still brand new, it had a slight chemical/lotion smell (my mom used lotion on her hands which periodically left small particles of dirt inside the rubber gloves but I didnt mind, in fact sometimes i found that smell almost more intoxicating) but mostly those gloves had a really wonderful industrial rubber smell to them. I remember wondering what the gloves tasted like, or if the rubber had a flavour that was unique. I put first one of the gloves on, and then i slowly slid the other glove on as well. I remember a flash of an image, of me wearing a big Nuclear protective suit, sort of like Marty McFly from “Back to the future” complete with the big helmet and gasmask, and of course, the orange nuclear protective rubber gloves he had worn in the movie. I felt the soft flock lining of the interior of the gloves against my fingers, and I mashed my hands together very very gently, wanting to feel every inch of the gloves. I brought them up to my face and so began one of my favourite activities, touching and smelling rubber gloves. I rememeber gently covering my nose with a few of those fingers, and the smell was really amazing. It was around that time where I first discovered that some strange and bizarre feeling had come to me, and part of it had to do with my male extremity. I had no real thoughts except that I wondered if other people had this (what seemed funny at the time) strange reaction to some rubber gloves used for cleaning. I looked at the gloves very closely, wondering if they had yet been really used for cleaning, and if they were dirty.

I decided i wanted to later on play with the gloves in my bedroom that evening, and so what I did was I turned on the hot water, and rinsed the gloves off very well, until they grew a bit moist and hot to wear. I then used a bar of soap, and I lathered those big soft gloves up as best as I could, and I scrubbed those gloves really well, all over, the fingers were so big and warm and slippery, it was a bit of a chore to clean them up to my satisfaction. Once they were cleaned, I then dried them carefully, and I gently licked a few of rhe fingertips of the glove. The texture was not really a patterned texture, but was sort of a grainy texture to it, but it WAS rubbery and it felt really interesting against my tongue. I gently slid my tongue against a fingertip, and it poked inside the finger in an inside out fashion, the orange rubber seemed to want my tongue to slide all the way in and be hugged by the rubber. I put the gloves back, in a way that I paid careful attention to the way I put them back. Later that evening, I checked to see if they had beeb used or moved a single inch. They had not. So I took them to be bedroom and put them back onto my hands while in bed. It was around that time that I felt that funny feeling come back to me again. I wanted to have a big pair of gloves of my own, but my imagination went full blown exponential. I imagined a big 30 foot long pair of these kind of orange Marigold rubber gloves, and that I owned them, and that I could safely climb inside one of the gloves, but inside out, i wanted that orange rubber all over my body for some reason, I wanted to be comforted and rubbed to sleep by those big rubber fingers. It felt really good though, to think about it, and it made me feel like I had a secret, and thusly sort of gave me a bit of excitement, secret excitement. I loved it, i loved the idea of looking for more rubber gloves.

After that first encounter, then I began to notice rubber gloves in a way Ibhad never really noticed them before. Upon seeing a pair, I would wonder how long had they been used, for what, how dirty they were or clean, what they smelled like, what they felt and tasted like. It sometimes made me feel isolated and alone, during those early years. I started to watch National Geographic magazine covers, to see if they had stories or issues with Nuclear Protective rubber gear, or photos of people getting suited up in good rubber gear. I sometimes would come across pictures of real nice looking black rubber gloves, and that idea of having a good large pair of long rubber gauntlets, really was stuck in my head probably from age 7 right up to age 12. After I turned 12 I had a few strange years of blankness but that’s another story for another time. Once I finally was 18 I broke any walls I had put up previously, and I ordered a few pairs of really good delicious smelling heavy rubber gloves online thru ebay. I dreaded the questions that might come from my parents picking up my parcels from the Post Office. But no questions came, my dad was kind enough to keep my personal business quiet to me, and to anyone else, and I opened my first parcel with eager shaking hands. It was a pair of good rubber linesmans protective insulating gloves, size 11 previously used. They smelled incredible. They felt even more incredible, I finally had a pair of black rubber gloves, that I could fully explore more fetish ideas with. As to why I held off for so many years before that, I was basically much too shy and not brave enough to purchase rubber gloves for myself, it was a very small town and I didn’t want anyone else really knowing any of my personal private business anyways.

Wrapping things up here, my first pair was orange Marigold gloves. And I occasionally did run across soft stretchy surgical rubber gloves but it was far and few between, visiting my grandparent in an old folks home, occasionally there would be boxes of surgical rubber gloves in places where my hands could reach, and take, and hide a pair, within 4 seconds. It seemed at the time like a HUGE risk. But I took a pair, and later played with them and I remember the soft latex rubber was also very appealing to me, I loved its stretchiness and the smell was also quite nice....a different kind of rubber smell than I was used to.

Ever since then, ive worshipped rubber gloves as a huge fetish item hehehe.

-HeavyGloves

Return to “Glove talk forum”