What is your glove size?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

distantglovingalert
Regular poster

Re: What is your glove size?

Post by distantglovingalert »

Okay, I have weird hands (I think.): medium sized, but with wide palms and short fingers. Lol. These days I generally wear women's XL leather driving gloves, which means size 8.5-9? I also have M and L men's leather gloves, but as predicted, the fingers are too long and they look goofy on my hands. They look nice though, which is the reason why I keep them. For satin and cotton, the stretchiest. For nitrile/latex, medium or large.
Turn it on... Turn it on, turn it on again!
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

6.5-7 for surgical gloves. Small or medium 6.5/7/7.5 for household and industrial rubber gloves. Haven't really found a good size for fetish latex gloves yet. Theyre either too tight or too big from most of what I've tried.
I love rubber gloves!
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

I only wear women’s leather gloves and am either an 8 or 8.5 depending on the maker and quality of the gloves. Tend to go toward the “tighter the better” motto though. Second skin is ideal!
Max

Post by Max »

6.5. but Small doesnt fit, it´s to loose.
NCGlover

Post by NCGlover »

I feel like the perfect fit more is medium in exam gloves and 7.5 in surgical gloves. Very conveniently my girlfriend has only slightly smaller hands than me, so we share sizes
Zonexoo
Occasional poster

Post by Zonexoo »

NCGlover wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:41 pm I feel like the perfect fit more is medium in exam gloves and 7.5 in surgical gloves. Very conveniently my girlfriend has only slightly smaller hands than me, so we share sizes
Wow, that is nice if you can share gloves with your girlfriend!
Tightgloves

Post by Tightgloves »

My surgical size is 7. If they are very thin, 6.5 is ok. For latex gloves or thin nitrile gloves in boxes I use Small, if I want tight gloves, or Medium, if I have to use them for general works and I want they don't break easily.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I'm a pianist of 20+ years so I have elongated fingers but a normal-length thumb... I consequently can struggle to find (household) gloves which fit perfectly. I always opt for 'small' in household gloves (usually size 6, but some companies consider 7 a small, which is too large for me), and XS/S (6-6.5) in disposable latex/nitrile gloves.

I did have a case of Biogel surgical gloves which were a size 5.5 and they were perfect on the fingers (thick enough to stretch comfortably) but too tight on my palm... but if I get a good deal on those in a size 6 I'll certainly get those again.
Zonexoo
Occasional poster

Post by Zonexoo »

Jake wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:56 pm I'm a pianist of 20+ years so I have elongated fingers but a normal-length thumb... I consequently can struggle to find (household) gloves which fit perfectly. I always opt for 'small' in household gloves (usually size 6, but some companies consider 7 a small, which is too large for me), and XS/S (6-6.5) in disposable latex/nitrile gloves.

I did have a case of Biogel surgical gloves which were a size 5.5 and they were perfect on the fingers (thick enough to stretch comfortably) but too tight on my palm... but if I get a good deal on those in a size 6 I'll certainly get those again.
Yes, it’s interesting how much household glove size S is different when the glove brand is changing.
Some of size S are too small and some are even too large to be Small, feels almost Medium.
I have also a quite small hands for a guy. Exam glove size S or 7 is best for me if I want nice fit.
I haven’t never tried yet surgical gloves (need to try someday :rolleyes: ), I think then I will need a size 6.0 or 6.5 maybe.
And damn Covid! It’s really hard to find small size gloves right now. :???:
Tightgloves

Post by Tightgloves »

I suspect that someone makes gloves for women, tighter for the same size :)
I remember some latex gloves tighter, but not too short... But no one declares it explicitly.

Return to “Glove talk forum”