any way to make older adult videos clearer?

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

any way to make older adult videos clearer?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Found a document i had from years ago with urls for gloved videos. Most of them are in standard definition from before 2015 so their quality is either that bad now or the resolution today messes with it. I tried display settings but it didn't change that much. Has anyone ever tweaked their settings for this?
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Re: any way to make older adult videos clearer?

Post by italiglover »

Using AI to upscale videos is a method to do this. But, there is limitations to the process. There are free AI upscalers to do this and commercial programs. The most popular commercial program that I personally use to upscale old videos is Topaz Video Enhance Ai. It's priced as a premium program. Free programs exist if you are handy with programing and compiling and/or reading through sparse documentation on how the free programs work.

Back to the limitations to the process, if the video is really small in dimensions, like below 480p, and/or overly compressed, an upscale or cleanup with ai is not going to work miracles. It's always best to work with footage that is as high quality as possible to get the best results.
well-what-to-do-now
Occasional poster

Re: any way to make older adult videos clearer?

Post by well-what-to-do-now »

https://youtu.be/TpdapO9QGRo
LinusTechTips did a video on upscaling not too long ago. Like italiglover mentions, its has its limitations :biggrin:

Return to “Talk Forum”