*VINTAGE* Pharmaseal Latex Surgeons Gloves *VINTAGE*

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

*VINTAGE* Pharmaseal Latex Surgeons Gloves *VINTAGE*

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

Pharmaseal Latex Surgeons Gloves. Size 7. I estimate them to be from 1986 judging by the stamp on the back of the package. About 11-12 inches long, typical surgical length. A bit discolored from age and likely the packaging they are in. Paper outer package, inner pouch is a cardboard or tagboard which is interesting. Surprisingly they are still supple and stretchy, though I won't be testing their limits. They fit me very nicely, maybe a little tighter than a size 7 you would find today. They are powdered inside and out. I think they may have some sort of microtextured grip on them as well.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I love rubber gloves!
Vetglover
Occasional poster

Re: *VINTAGE* Pharmaseal Latex Surgeons Gloves *VINTAGE*

Post by Vetglover »

Wow! That's amazing! How do they feel after so long? Like can you tell the state of decomposition?
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

Vetglover wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:54 pm Wow! That's amazing! How do they feel after so long? Like can you tell the state of decomposition?
As I said, they are still soft and supple. As far as telling the state of decomposition by feeling them, that's not really possible.
I love rubber gloves!
Vincentio
Occasional poster

Post by Vincentio »

It's interesting to see that gloves have changed very little in the past 60 years, not just 40. Since you are a glove collector I'd like to ask you how many different gloves do you have? Since you are clearly going through the back catalog I imagine a lot.
I would like to add that I am your fan. Love to learn more about old latex gloves.
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

Vincentio wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:31 am It's interesting to see that gloves have changed very little in the past 60 years, not just 40. Since you are a glove collector I'd like to ask you how many different gloves do you have? Since you are clearly going through the back catalog I imagine a lot.
I would like to add that I am your fan. Love to learn more about old latex gloves.
It's been a while since I've counted, but I think currently I have between 300 and 400 pairs of gloves. I've focused more on the vintage gloves in recent years because I haven't seen a whole lot that interests me in current production rubber gloves.
I love rubber gloves!
Vincentio
Occasional poster

Post by Vincentio »

Rubrglvlvr wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:50 am
Vincentio wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:31 am It's interesting to see that gloves have changed very little in the past 60 years, not just 40. Since you are a glove collector I'd like to ask you how many different gloves do you have? Since you are clearly going through the back catalog I imagine a lot.
It's been a while since I've counted, but I think currently I have between 300 and 400 pairs of gloves. I've focused more on the vintage gloves in recent years because I haven't seen a whole lot that interests me in current production rubber gloves.
Wow, kinda mind blowing. I also have a lot gloves (nothing compared to you) but i am to the point where i forget to have certain type of gloves and they are just there, stored somewhere, taking dust and maybe slowly rotting away, it's a bit sad.
Thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”