What are some excuses for wearing gloves?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

lukas-handschuh
Newcomer

What are some excuses for wearing gloves?

Post by lukas-handschuh »

Hey,
today I was on a supermarket in the town i go to work and was wearing blue nitrile gloves. While wearing it, I wonder, what are some excuses to wear these gloves, now that covid has slowly found an end. (plus i didn't wear a mask)

Thanks for all of your answers!
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: What are some excuses for wearing gloves?

Post by countrylatexglover »

Covid hasn’t slowed down as much as you think. The news of it has because no one is listening anymore. They are all tired of reporting it also. The flu was a major crisis for a little while also. That is still running rampant.

That’s why I say I wear them is Covid and flu. I get stares and looks but I stopped caring about that. Most cannot accept something different. The way I see it if people can walk at bound with a mask on I wear gloves if I want to. Hand sanitizer isn’t as readily available anymore and not many are washing their hands either.

This is what I tell people when and if asked. I also don’t wear gloves as much around everyone because they all had something to say. I disagree with how it happen I was actually made uncomfortable about it and put on the spot in front of a group of people (bullied) about it so I stopped around that crowd. It’s the only place I have gotten sick from since then.

My long story short that’s my “excuse” is still Covid and flu. People kind of get it more so now because of how bad even the common cold is this year. If you have the courage to wear them and just give a “good reason” which we shouldn’t have to do that but we do I would say that. Also when I get asked the question why don’t you use wash your hands I tell them I do that also.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Allergies. I do come out in hives /swell up or get itchy at pretty much every kitchen product that exists and dust so its a given that I'll have to wear gloves for everything. Which I do.
joglover
Regular poster

Post by joglover »

Nasty skin issues on my hands. My skin on my hands have become sensitive to various chemicals containing solvents and chemicals in dishwashing soaps. Exposure to these chemicals severely dry the skin on my hands and my hands will start to bleed. It’s painful. So I tend to wear gloves when working on cars , washing dishes etc.

Return to “Glove talk forum”