Elbow grease long cuff bathroom gloves.

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

dj_scotty_a
Regular poster

Elbow grease long cuff bathroom gloves.

Post by dj_scotty_a »

I was looking for some new gloves for the Bathroom. In a shop called B&M here in the UK they have the new long cuff green rubber gloves a bit like Marigold but with zig zag cuffs and much softer.

They are a nice glove and will post pictures.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Elbow grease long cuff bathroom gloves.

Post by Rommeltje »

Looking forward to the pictures! I might have to put them on my list for when I go to Scotland in a couple of months. :-)
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Ooh, sounds interesting... are they chlorinated? The yellow Elbow Grease ones are.
traxxas67

Post by traxxas67 »

Do you have the yellow ones jimglove? I'd like to see those
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

I bought a pair in medium, but they were too small for me, so my wife used them to clean the house when we moved, and gave them some serious stick! They're now gone, I'm afraid. They look like a pretty standard rolled cuff yellow glove. Good quality, and nicer than Marigold IMHO, although I'm not very keen on chlorinated gloves.
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Managed to buy a pair of these this weekend, and with the house to myself, chance to ‘road test’ them, shall we say! Very nice gloves, nice latex smell, not chlorinated so very soft. They only had the medium, but it’s generous so fits me well. My only criticism is the wrist area is a bit bulky for my liking.

I’ll try and write a review with some pics if time allows.
greenyrst

Post by greenyrst »

Jimglove wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:24 am Managed to buy a pair of these this weekend, and with the house to myself, chance to ‘road test’ them, shall we say! Very nice gloves, nice latex smell, not chlorinated so very soft. They only had the medium, but it’s generous so fits me well. My only criticism is the wrist area is a bit bulky for my liking.

I’ll try and write a review with some pics if time allows.
Hopefully the review will give details of the “road test” 😏
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Soooo... I think it's fair to say I was excited at the prospect of some new gloves on the market - here in the UK, the selection of household rubber gloves has declined massively since the pandemic, in favour (it seems) of disposables. Not very eco-friendly, especially as most are made of plastic.

Anyway, with some time alone at the weekend, I made a trip to B&M and bought some. Picking up the medium pair (no large in the store) they immediately felt soft and pliable. Excited to get them home, when I opened the bag, there was a wonderful latex aroma.

The gloves are approx.38cm long, pale green in colour, with a wavy cut cuff - which I like, but seems to be getting quite rare these days. The texture on the palms and fingers is like a tiny raised dot pattern - it's grippy but not sharp. There is an Elbow Grease logo on the cuff in red. The gloves are flock-lined, but not overly so, and I noticed there was less around the top of the cuff. They did shed a little after the first wear.

Although 7 1/2 medium, I'd say they were closer to an 8, and fit me well (I'm usually an 8 - 8 1/2). As I said previously, they are a little bulky around the wrist area, but then fit at the top of the cuff nicely. I can imagine this might cause them to slip down when used for housework. Maybe made this way to make them easier to put on/take off.

I decided to give them a go sleeping in them, and they were very comfortable - I fell asleep, but removed them sometime during the night!

For play, the texture can have a little too much friction, but they're ok if you're careful. Overall though, a lovely soft, rubbery feeling, and the length feels great.

Some photos here:
https://mega.nz/folder/JZglDT7L#rbj9tmSnBoT9rOyMB_cNtQ

The only downside is that I noticed after wearing them for the night, a bit of brown staining inside, which has since come through to the outside - which must be from perspiration. Not too bad though.

Overall, at £1:49 they're a good buy, and I would recommend them!
gopcha
Regular poster

Post by gopcha »

Interesting, they are like the new Polyco Deep Sink, same model:
https://www.workgloves.co.uk/polyco-dee ... loves.html

Leroy Merlin french hardware stores used to sell them (yellow ones) in M size. I even bought a pair at ebay in S size under the thai brand Poly Brite:
https://www.shopping-d.com/products/pol ... ain-1-pair

They were sold as Scotch Brite in some countries in South America and South Asia:
https://loshusansupermarket.com/product ... DRY-M.html

The only con I see with these gloves is they should be more anatomical in the fingers. Although I have skinny hands, so maybe that's the problem. Other than that, I hope I can get some Elbow Grease pairs through amazon.uk.
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Ah, Interesting, thanks Gopcha - I haven't tried the new Polyco gloves yet, and they have the advantage of a wider choice of sizes.

I didn't notice an issue with the fingers (but I've got fairly fat fingers ha ha!) just the wrists. I guess it's very hard to create a shape that suits everyone!

Return to “Encyglovepedia”