Which gloves manufactures still produce victorian-style gloves?

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

secret_angels
Occasional poster

Which gloves manufactures still produce victorian-style gloves?

Post by secret_angels »

Hi everyone,

We all know, that for leather gloves fetishist, vintage leather gloves are always the best! Everyone who had experienced vintage leather gloves can tell how perfect the gloves are: tightly fit and extremely soft, absolutely a dream for any leather gloves fetishist.
Nowadays, since the amount of gloves fetish increases, the chance for having a true vintage pair of leather gloves, especially the opera-length one, is very low. It's even more difficult that many gloves fetishists have a desire of hoarding and collecting this kinds of gloves, although many pairs of their collection look exactly the same.
I am also the one who cannot find a proper pair of vintage long leather gloves. So I have some several questions and we can discuss here, quite sure that many of them have the same questions:

- which manufactures still produce vintage-styles gloves?

As we know, leather gloves nowadays cannot be compared to gloves back then, especially the era from mid-19th to mid-20th century. Even leather gloves produced in the 80s and beginning of 90s still had good shape to the fingers, unlike gloves nowadays which are way too rough and bulky. In my personal opinion, leather gloves of the Victorian-Era are the top art of gloves making: soft, thin and EXTREMELY tight-fit. The way the gloves are made gave such a shape that even better than a bare hand and made a illusions that the fingers are very long. Had this tradition been stopped?

Here are some pictures of victorian-era leather gloves. You can see how long the fingers are when being folded.

or the white opera-length ones:

and the legendary black opera-length, which are extremely rare to find:

These kinds of gloves are not only hard to find. There are plenty of offers on ebay, but the gloves are mostly extremely small. Although they have gloves size printed inside the gloves, but very probably they had in the past a different system of gloves size than today. For example: my hands usually fit size 6.5, but even when the gloves are marked 7 they are still impossible for me to get in and always result in damage the precious gloves.

- Second question: If the were no manufactures producing Victorian gloves anymore, so which manufactures produce leather gloves, which are closest to vintage gloves?
Last edited by SexySurgical on Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shadows: Glove Talk & Market Square
Globo
Occasional poster

Re: Which gloves manufactures still produce victorian-style gloves?

Post by Globo »

Bespoke gloves is the way, but i don't know any.
czol

Post by czol »

Maybe ask Leviticus Fashions? They seem to make their own boots and gloves.
Download age restricted YT videos easily: CLICK
secret_angels
Occasional poster

Post by secret_angels »

czol wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:27 pm Maybe ask Leviticus Fashions? They seem to make their own boots and gloves.
Globo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:58 pm Bespoke gloves is the way, but i don't know any.

Is the tradition of making true gloves really lost? :(
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

Leviticus doesn't make their own gloves, they buy them on amazon. Also they believed that wearing masks to stop the pandemic was a sign from satan or someother weird shit. I'd not support them.
secret_angels
Occasional poster

Post by secret_angels »

dopefish wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:28 am Leviticus doesn't make their own gloves, they buy them on amazon. Also they believed that wearing masks to stop the pandemic was a sign from satan or someother weird shit. I'd not support them.
wow I've never thought Leviticus is such weird!!!
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

secret_angels wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:00 am wow I've never thought Leviticus is such weird!!!
Take that last person's post with a grain of salt. I've watched the channel numerous times and I've never heard them say anything like that. During the pandemic, there was a clip where the mother mentioned that she didn't like hiding her smile under a face mask so she preferred to use a face shield for her Yoga class instead, but that's all. Leviticus doesn't make gloves, nor do they mention where they buy them from, but it's not likely Amazon. The boots that they make seem to be pretty high quality, but I don't know of anyone who has purchased from them, so who knows.
Vinnievanilla
Regular poster

Post by Vinnievanilla »

EyesLikeLenses wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:15 am
secret_angels wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:00 am wow I've never thought Leviticus is such weird!!!
Take that last person's post with a grain of salt. I've watched the channel numerous times and I've never heard them say anything like that. During the pandemic, there was a clip where the mother mentioned that she didn't like hiding her smile under a face mask so she preferred to use a face shield for her Yoga class instead, but that's all. Leviticus doesn't make gloves, nor do they mention where they buy them from, but it's not likely Amazon. The boots that they make seem to be pretty high quality, but I don't know of anyone who has purchased from them, so who knows.
I did purchase pair of boots from Leviticus for my GF. Quality is not equal to the pricetag and overall manufacturing feels cheap without invention.

Return to “The Market Square”