we appeared on a podcast?! [irrelevant amateur YT]

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Vetglover
Occasional poster

we appeared on a podcast?! [irrelevant amateur YT]

Post by Vetglover »

So I was scrolling through YT and this episode appeared with an odd title, "270: A Glove Fetish Is Like A Watch Fetish But With Gloves" I opend it and scrubbed through the episode and at the 3 minute mark they start talking about the WWGFA! As of this writing I haven't listened to the full thing. It's over an hour long. But I thought it was neat.
I'd like to hear people opinion on what they said and talked about

I'll update with a comment later when I finish it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Batj8FIY
Last edited by SexySurgical on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: []
Vetglover
Occasional poster

Re: we appeared on a podcast?!

Post by Vetglover »

Okay so all they seem to be doing is just reading from the forum. I honestly can't tell if it's condescending the way they read and make jokes about it. But it's just weird. The whole episode is just them browsing the forum and being shocked at at stuff. Meh
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yeah, it's definitely condescending and mean-spirited. I found it in my podcast app a couple of years ago and got really excited, but was let down in the same way you were. :down:

I wrote about the podcast before, but I can't find the topic anymore. :hmm:
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Post by italiglover »

He sounds like one of those shitty shock-jocks who make podcasts or radio to get the shock value. Definitely sounds like he's kink shaming. Not cool. Isn't it funny he turned off the comment section so people can't call him out.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

500 vids and only 3,5 people per vid to actually bother hitting the Subscribe button.
Time to move along...

(not bothering to listen, but shock/react is just the evil twin of clickbait, both of which are substitutes for actual relevancy...)
Last edited by SexySurgical on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ()
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

So this is a reupload that gets like a view every other day?
Rommeltje wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:40 pm Yeah, it's definitely condescending and mean-spirited. I found it in my podcast app a couple of years ago and got really excited, but was let down in the same way you were. :down:

I wrote about the podcast before, but I can't find the topic anymore. :hmm:
Yeah vaguely remember, not sure if same. Also some vlog dude w/ his (real?) dentist friend or sumthin'. Also irrelevant clickbait.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

SexySurgical wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:39 pmSo this is a reupload that gets like a view every other day?
Yeah, it was only available on Podcast platforms before. Now I guess they're trying to get some of that sweet sweet YouTube money. :rolleyes:
Someguy
VIP

Re: we appeared on a podcast?! [irrelevant amateur YT]

Post by Someguy »

Sigh... well post your experiences on a public forum, you gotta be prepared for things like this. It is total kink-shaming.

They read one of my stories at 13:30, name-checked me and... yeah it was pretty awful to hear. I've always been very self-concious about this fetish so needless to say my anxiety was triggered big time and their shaming was so horrendous even I started hating myself for posting that.

But... what can you do? The forum may be a safe-space for glove fetishists, but that doesn't mean it is outside these walls. As others have said, just be thankful it's a handful of trolls with a very small audience. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a podcast dedicated to transphobia too.

Also I love how they turned off the comments to avoid having people call them out on their stupidity.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yeah, they're just massive assholes. It's no surprise that when people like that come into contact with something they don't understand, they're going to make fun of it.

What you gotta remember is there are also people that do accept you for the way you are, and who, once they do understand it, won't make a big deal out of it at all.

Don't let them get to you, Someguy! We've got your back!
Someguy
VIP

Post by Someguy »

You know the one thing that struck me and gave me hope was the very end of their podcast where they pointed out, almost in disappointment, that there weren't more disagreements and mudslinging about preferences for different gloves. It really does show that this community is very accepting and I've found a lot of solace here and previous glove fetish boards. It shows what these podcasters line of thinking is like that they expected otherwise and why they're toxic people.

Return to “Glove talk forum”