Girl's Talk

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Ber75
Regular poster

Re: Girl's Talk

Post by Ber75 »

As stated earlier in this thread we could talk about experiences . Yesterday my plans had changed and my husband and I decided to go to a car show near by . If you remember my earlier threads I was driving a mini van (yes I know lol the perfect Mom vehicle) my husband and I switched vehicles. I'm driving his Camaro SS and he is driving the mini van . Anyway we took the Camaro (not to enter}.I was driving and wearing my black leather driving gloves. When we got there I kept my gloves on despite the heat . I received many compliments :whoop: .
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

Thanks I will take a look on Amazon and eBay
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Ber75 wrote:As stated earlier in this thread we could talk about experiences . Yesterday my plans had changed and my husband and I decided to go to a car show near by . If you remember my earlier threads I was driving a mini van (yes I know lol the perfect Mom vehicle) my husband and I switched vehicles. I'm driving his Camaro SS and he is driving the mini van . Anyway we took the Camaro (not to enter}.I was driving and wearing my black leather driving gloves. When we got there I kept my gloves on despite the heat . I received many compliments :whoop: .
Sounds like a good crowd! :D

Were they extra fancy driving gloves?
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

No they weren't fancy or anything like that . Just plain black leather driving gloves. They are great for gripping the wheel. They are also great for getting a grip on the stick shifter to assure smooth shifting.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

u forgot to mention the length - very important ;) (wrist,below elbow,over the elbow,etc) :P

#just.saying :>
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Ber75 wrote:No they weren't fancy or anything like that . Just plain black leather driving gloves.
So were they just complimenting you for wearing gloves at all then? Maybe they all secretly wished they had the confidence to put on their gloves as well. :)
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

They were just wrist length.
They may have been complementing me for wearing or they may have been wishing.
Sorry for the long reply . I started a new job this week .
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Ber75 wrote:I started a new job this week.
Congrats! :D
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Seeing as I started this thread I thought I'd better put my fourpenneth in here sooner or later too. I'll just answer a couple of questions at a time, apologies if this ends up as a massive number of separate posts rather than one big post.

On the 'wear them under or over sleeves' question, for me that very much depends. Mostly under I'd say, I agree with operalove, it leaves you wondering just how long the gloves are if you can't see the full length of them. Got to cultivate a bit of mystery...

Toti wrote:What would you ask to another woman in this thread?
Ooh now that's a good one. For me, I've always wondered if it was just me; that feeling of being totally alone in finding something a turn on that no one else seems to be bothered about. I think I'd ask them if they felt or feel like this and how they came to a place of feeling at ease with themselves about it. Maybe they haven't yet or never quite will, but I'd be very interested in talking about that.

I've accepted that's how I'm wired up, it won't go away, its part of my sexuality to be a fetishist and to have a range of fetishes of which gloves is the main one. That said, its not something I'd feel comfortable talking to anyone about face to face without the anonymity of the internet to hide behind. My husband knows about it, but it isn't something we talk about much.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

operalove wrote:I have a question for our lady fetishists ^_^
Are there some gloves that are more exciting than others? Ones exciting you wear only at home?
For example if you wear gloves outside? Do you consider them just fashion gloves? Or they constantly make you feel excited?
There are some gloves that I don't find exciting; wool gloves, fingerless gloves, mittens, anything furry all do precious little for me as do medical gloves the disposable things, I don't get that either.

Outside I'll only wear leather gloves and that's during the winter time, they aren't just a fashion accessory, they serve the purpose of keeping warm too. As for whether the make me feel excited, well I'm definitely more aware of my hands, what they're doing, look like, feel like, any sensations and so on when I'm gloved, I guess you could say its like a small frisson of excitement rather than some huge 'whoa!! I'm wearing gloves and feeling damned sexy right now!!' vibe.

I really like opera gloves the best though, leather or fetish latex and because there isn't scope to wear them anywhere else they are the ones I'll wear at home, when I'm alone, so I can enjoy them without the distraction of other people, either their ambivalence or their perving on, neither of which would make me feel comfortable wearing them.

As for Ber 75's question on how did I find out I had a fetish, I've done a long post about this in Experiences a few years ago, but in short, I didn't find out as such, it was always there. I think it started out with self soothing as a toddler with a blanket type thing which 'worked' when I rubbed the fabric between my fingers. I got the same buzz/soothing sensation from mittens, then knitted gloves, rubber gloves and I realised it was 'my thing' and over time it was unusual and something most people would deem a fetish. Yes there's an element of sexual turn on in it, but I think there's perhaps as much if not more about it being a release, soothing myself by allowing myself to enjoy the change of sensations my hands are experiencing.

I sometimes wonder if part of the thrill is the inappropriateness. Let's face it, there are almost no situations nowadays where wearing gloves is the norm. They're linked to a past notion of femininity and glamour that I wish I'd been around to experience. Maybe part of the allure is a desire to feel feminine and glamorous in a way you don't in modern clothes.

Return to “Glove talk forum”