link

Get help from our tech-savvy crew: learn how to make previews, where to upload, how to edit vids, etc.

Moderator: Jake

hablanke
WWGFA Orderly

link

Post by hablanke »

how is it possible to make a link to an URL out of text (like i see in the southern-charms corner)?
Brandy
Glovely Diva

Re: link

Post by Brandy »

Hi..

To make an image link you need to add [img]and%20then[/img] at the front and start of the text link.. but SC don't like or accept ' Hot-linking' in this fashion.. also..linking direct to a full size picture slows down the server and reduces bandwidth..so you would better to

1= right click on the photo and save it to your computer'
2= upload the photo to a file sharing sytem/photo share syste, like Imgebam etc etc..

I hope this helps..

kiss

brandy
xxxx
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: link

Post by Rommeltje »

hablanke wrote:how is it possible to make a link to an URL out of text (like i see in the southern-charms corner)?
Normally, when you make a link it's preceded by the BBCode tag [ url ] (without the spaces), with [ / url ] right after it. If you want to make text hyperlink, put those tags around the words, and put your link within the first tag, like this: [ url = link ] text [ / url ].

Here's an example (if you click "quote" in the top right corner of this post, you'll see the tags):

http://www.google.com or This text links to Google

Hope that helps!

Return to “Technical Tutorials”