Quick question

Got a query? We can help!

Moderator: Jake

johnstamos
Regular poster

Quick question

Post by johnstamos »

I've got question for you guys. Is a Rapidshare account membership useful ? Do you guys have memberships or subscriptions for sites like Rapidshare, or any of those alike ? I'm seriously considering right now, but I'm still uncertain, so would apericiate some help...

Thanx
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Quick question

Post by SexySurgical »

The speed is certainly better. I got so fed up with waiting for download space I'm now subscribed to filesonic (former sharingmatrix), oron and rapidshare. Had hotfile, but usage by uploaders declined so never renewed it.

I'm not sure if they really get up to the speed they promise, but most stuff is in within minutes.

I might need to recheck if they all 3 really are so fast, but from memory I say yes (multiple files goes ok too, but I generally do not exceed more than a handfull of the same site, since the compie ain't so adapted at handling such.)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I've never subscribed to any of these sites. There's so many different ones that you'll just end up waiting a lot anyway, but now also being frustrated that no one ever uses the one you're a member of. Rapidshare's not nearly used as much as it once was, so I wouldn't waste my money on that.

If anything, I'd consider subscribing to Oron.com, as that one seems to be becoming more and more popular, while their downloading service for regular users is one of the most annoying ever. As a free downloader, you have to wait up to three hours between downloads, and some files aren't even available except to paying members.
IIFatalshockII

Post by IIFatalshockII »

Buying membership to places for downloads sounds risky because as far as I can tell there are loads of them. Unless you a billionaire who can join ALL OF THEM with his pocket change, I would target the most popular one, or wait out the free downloads. However, if you can't download something you really really want because it's unavailable to free users, then you may have to buy a membership, or go without. Wish I could offer a bit more on the subject, but most of the download sites I've looked at are available to visiting users with a download time handicap, and that works for me. Good luck.
glove

Post by glove »

I generally don't pay for download sites for the same reasons other people mentioned; there's just so many hosts out there and everyone uploads their files somewhere else. What I have done in the past (if I really wanted a whole lot of files from a single host) is buy a three day pass. 72 hours is plenty for me to download everything I want, and it's usually only a few euros.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Nahh, don't bother with it.
Your own internet speed affects the download speed anyway.
Those companies just say they give faster speed but it's not a great help if your own speed is always slow.

The videos available are still good enough with a 1 minute wait :P

Return to “Help Desk”