Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Princess_Dana
Occasional poster

Why do you wear gloves all the time?

Post by Princess_Dana »

The question I get asked oh so often: “Why do you wear gloves all the time?”

My answer is always the same: “It’s my family’s tradition.”

When they ask for details, I say it’s a long story. Here’s the concise version:

Our family may have at one time been related to The British Royal Family, although naturalization papers may have suggested my ancestors were from Wales. It’s still a little unclear, though going on ancestry websites is a big hobby of mine. Regardless, my family has always kept the royal tradition of covering your hands with beautiful gloves for protection and style, just as the Royal family did several centuries ago. The Royal Family still wear gloves to this day, you never see the Queen without gloves on. It’s both a status symbol and used for protection.

I believe, as my family does, that hands are a very sacred part of the body. We use our hands for everything, they are where we center a lot of our energy, yet very delicate in many ways. So it’s important to protect them and wearing gloves is the best way. My Grandmother and grand-aunt came from a time when gloves were always worn, so the tradition of wearing gloves to protect the hands was still common practice. But when my mother was young, gloves had gone out of style, which is when the conscious decision was made to keep the gloves as part of our style, regardless of what the outside world was wearing.

So my sisters and I have grown up wearing gloves, to the point where I would actually feel naked to not wear them in public, or even indoors. I don’t recall every really questioning it until I got to school and kids used to make fun of me for wearing white gloves in class. I cried to my mother why I had to wear gloves, but she was supportive and told me not to allow others to make me feel this way.

There was a short time when I would take my gloves off when I got to school, not in front of my parents or sisters, caving to peer pressure, but I felt so guilty for doing that, and felt like I was betraying who I was as a person. So from them on, I never took them off again in public. Some friends were supportive and even wore gloves with me occasionally.

Having the sanctuary that was my home made things easier. It was like returning to my castle. But being in college means I’ve had to get used to an entirely different lifestyle. It’s a new experience being in college, no doubt. And wearing gloves without the support of childhood friends or family does lead to a lot of questions and assumptions. The funniest question I get asked so often is “Are you a hand model”? Because hand models wear gloves all the time.

My best friend in college had a long chat with me about my gloves. She assumed they were part of some childhood trauma or something, which isn’t true. I’m not mad at her for making the accusation because I know there are women who have experienced traumas and don’t speak about them. Regardless of my family tradition or personal beliefs, the easiest way I found to explain to her why I have to wear gloves all the time is that I feel naked when I take them off. Being in public without gloves on for me is like being in public topless. I would never do that, and I would never take my gloves off.

I would love to hear others' experiences with wearing gloves all the time? What questions or assumptions do you deal with?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Why do you wear gloves all the time?

Post by Rommeltje »

Well, that was an interesting read. :) Even though I can't really relate to it since I'm into household gloves, and more into seeing women wearing them than wearing them myself (although I do enjoy that as well). My situation is quite the opposite in fact: no one in my life has ever seen me wear gloves (not counting wool ones :)), even though I do wear them quite often in private.

Have you ever noticed anyone actually liking the fact that you wear gloves all the time? You must be like a magnet to glove fetishists. :p

Also, I'm sure there are many people on this forum who wish there were much more people like you. ;)
glovelover20
Regular poster

Post by glovelover20 »

That was an interesting story, I must say. May I ask what type of gloves you wear most often. And as you are on here, has wearing gloves all the time developed them into a fetish? (I presume so as you are on here......) Thanks in advance x
paglovelover
Regular poster

Post by paglovelover »

Also, very interesting and appreciate you sharing that background. It sure explains why you are more comfortable wearing them. I am curious with us knowing this, how do you feel about us? Particularly those who enjoy seeing others who wear them?

I remember many years ago going to a nightclub where a woman ALWAYS wore long gloves even though gloves had been long 'Out Of Style' after that period back in the 80's when Gloves were somewhat Vogue. I kept believing Gloves had to be something very Special to her and almost tried introducing myself to her, however I could not tell if she was there with a boyfriend or not. To this day, I am still so curious about that woman and why she wore the gloves each time out? My assumption is there was just something she adored about the fashion aspect of them. I was finally curious what she would think of someone like myself who adored seeing her wear them?
Princess_Dana
Occasional poster

Post by Princess_Dana »

Rommeltje wrote:Have you ever noticed anyone actually liking the fact that you wear gloves all the time? You must be like a magnet to glove fetishists. :p
I always thought people actually hated my gloves. I was very insecure. But yes some people have actually commented how much they like my gloves while others think it's tacky and outdated. There have been times where guys commented about my gloves to hit on me, but I'm not sure if they're fetishists or just using that as a talking point. I'm fine with it either way :D
glovelover20 wrote:May I ask what type of gloves you wear most often. And as you are on here, has wearing gloves all the time developed them into a fetish?
I change them up a lot, just like I change my shirts / skirts, but they are usually satin, cotton or silk, almost always white and at least past my elbow. I would say wearing them all the time has given me a glove fetish, but the gloves are more like something I HAVE to wear, not just to get sexually excited. So I'm not sure.
paglovelover wrote:how do you feel about us? Particularly those who enjoy seeing others who wear them?
Well I think any girl wants to others to like their fashion choices ;) I do get joy out of seeing so many people on this forum enjoying my stories. Some of the comments about rubber gloves seem a little strange, but it is a fetish forum so I'm okay with it. It's a learning experience for me, so I welcome it.
weasel2000
Regular poster

Post by weasel2000 »

I love satin, cotton, leather and nylon gloves...I also enjoy rubber gloves but it's really satin that I love...my wife and I sometimes sleep in satin gloves. You will discover if it is a fetish or not, I wouldn't be too worried about it...and boyfriend who loves you will take the whole package gloves and all.
Cure Glove
Occasional poster

Post by Cure Glove »

Where have you been all my life?! Wearing gloves all the time to maintain family tradition? AND you prefer satin? Please, can i have your number? Kidding, ofc.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

woah,nice bump :D 5yrs (another thread i missed...urf)
when i'm alone i wear gloves cause i "need" it,like the term "get my fix".
if my wife was into it (she was,not anymore for years for many reasons) then i wouldnt need to wear them.
in my mind if i do wear when home alone,i dont think anyone's getting hurt,as nobody knows.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

I think this is great and wish more people did this! Cudos to you for doing so and keeping a tradition and style going! I agree that our hands are so important. I have seen people with missing digits because they didn’t wear them. They had the same thoughts you did or worse that gloves made them weaker. I come from an area where dirty hands are a sign of honest living. Despite this I wear gloves anyway.

Agreed nice bump and OP thank you for sharing. Even a few years back.
Cure Glove
Occasional poster

Post by Cure Glove »

I live in an area where wearing gloves is considered unusual, especially if done so all the time. Mostly because of humidity but also since it's considered weird. And i live with a family of 9. So a man wearing gloves all the time in these circumstances would not bode well.

Return to “Experiences”