My first latex gloves

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: My first latex gloves

Post by mrs uni »

Ceramic wrote:thanks for your reply ;) but you havn't explained how can i clean the latex gloves.

can i just wear them,take a shower,and hang them dry outside? lol
That's because I don't know for sure :p I presume they'd be fine ways to clean them, much as you would with household rubber gloves. Just keep them away from solvents. That said, the shiner stuff is probably the best bet. Having never had latex gloves myself of the type you just got I can't really say and wouldn't want to give you rubbish advice that ends up damaging your gloves :-)

edit - i know that chinese guy,and thats where i bought my leather ones from (around 50$ or so).

the material was so poor,that while trying them on at the first time,they got damaged (small hole in the middle).

i asked for XL size,and i'm pretty sure he sent me Medium. i sent him pics and he never got back to me,nor refund arrived.

why do you think they put multiple pics of women with leather gloves? i highly doubt they know whats real leather is...lame bastards (sorry for the language) as for the "PVC look but actually spandex" gloves - been there done that as well. thats why i never buy anything chinese made anymore,at least nothing expensive (more then 10-15$).

i rather pay it to some .eu shop that can support me when (if) trouble occurs,then some lame chinese seller who pretends to have lousy english,horrible communication,and only whine about funds. sorry for the long post - just expressing my feelings a lil bit ;)
Nah that's fine, rant required after such things have happened. Same thing happened to me with the Chinese gloves- developed 3 holes! Three I ask you! I've always been a standard size 7 but this guy tried to tell me I must have fat fingers. Cheeky git! >:(( He also said it had never ever happened before, the liar! Still he took them back, gave me a reasonable refund and sent me the next size up. Once bitten twice shy though.

The 'apparently' PVC ones came from America. Seemingly selling tat is an international thing happening wherever you are.

Wonder why they post all the pics of women in the leather gloves too....maybe they sell better when the guys get to see so called hot babes in leather lol 8D
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

prices may be good (even tho they doesnt seem too,too expensive imo) but the shipping fee is a killer!

28euros (more then the gloves themself) just for shipping! where-as its way cheaper on most shops i been to.

but thanks for the recommend anyhow :)
Limao

Post by Limao »

yeah,only for the german members^^
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Mine have arrived!! :w00t: :w00t:

Got them on now; still adjusting as the sensation of them is bit different to what I've experienced before in other types of glove.

For a start, these are shoulder length but so far they don't want to be shoulder length. At first they decided that my elbows was quite far enough and started to roll on down and stop my circulation below my elbows while they were at it. Cheers for that :rolleyes:

Now they're about 5, 6 inches above the elbow, still a little furled up at the top and a few wrinkles but far more comfortable though skin tight is something of an understatement.

Except the little finger sheathes which keep filling with air and want to stand to attention and do their own thing, going all squishy at the finger ends.
Jake wrote:OMG I want those elbow length black latex gloves SOOOOO bad!

Ceramic: What do they feel/look like inside? Are they padded or totally latex? *hopes for the latter*

I would love to buy some of those but the care for them is an issue 'cos that latex-care stuff is more expensive (in some cases) than the gloves themselves!
They feel very smooth inside, there's no lining so there's no issues around the powdery flocking coming off in chunks all over your hands which is one of the more unpleasant things about household rubbers. They look a bit like when you see a balloon all stretched when you look down the gloves as you put them on and pull them up your arms. Don't think you'd be disappointed Jake ;)

I was very aware how fragile they felt and have been doing my utmost not to be too rough with them and secondly, how you have to do lots of rubbing up the lenths of the glove to get air out. How the hell any air gets inside something this tight is anyone's guess!

Get the feeling that they will grow on me over time (possibly as I'll never manage to get out of them ever again lol) ah well, worse things have happened at sea as the saying goes :P
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

mrs uni wrote:Mine have arrived!! :w00t: :w00t:

Got them on now; still adjusting as the sensation of them is bit different to what I've experienced before in other types of glove.

For a start, these are shoulder length but so far they don't want to be shoulder length. At first they decided that my elbows was quite far enough and started to roll on down and stop my circulation below my elbows while they were at it. Cheers for that :rolleyes:

Now they're about 5, 6 inches above the elbow, still a little furled up at the top and a few wrinkles but far more comfortable though skin tight is something of an understatement.

Except the little finger sheathes which keep filling with air and want to stand to attention and do their own thing, going all squishy at the finger ends.

did you put on talc or such before wearing them? cause i havn't :D (next time buy the chlorinated ones :)) just put them on even when at home right after work :P,it even takes me around a minute wearing them (a lil experienced now hah)

They feel very smooth inside, there's no lining so there's no issues around the powdery flocking coming off in chunks all over your hands which is one of the more unpleasant things about household rubbers. They look a bit like when you see a balloon all stretched when you look down the gloves as you put them on and pull them up your arms. Don't think you'd be disappointed Jake ;)

I was very aware how fragile they felt and have been doing my utmost not to be too rough with them and secondly, how you have to do lots of rubbing up the lenths of the glove to get air out. How the hell any air gets inside something this tight is anyone's guess!

see now your typing my exact thoughts ! :) the entire fingers area gets a bunch of air,god knows where from lol.

Get the feeling that they will grow on me over time (possibly as I'll never manage to get out of them ever again lol) ah well, worse things have happened at sea as the saying goes :P
your entire experiences temps me,can i fly off to uk and pay you a visit? :tongue:
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Well my hubby would likely have something to say about that but then again, if you brought your gloves.... I think he's developing an appreciation of these things!

Not sure if these gloves were chlorinated or not, either way I would have considered talc, just to hopefully take some smell away and to prevent them getting really sweaty inside which the talc seemed to help with a bit.

But yeah, where does all that extra air come from? Also found I got bruises this morning from wearing them, places where they had been extra tight or a bit bunched up. Not like I'm one of those people who bruise easily either?!?!
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

A wee update on the latex gloves, boy am I growing to love wearing these...still not got the shiner spray or convinced either glove not to do the furling up thing (though they are settling down mid bicep length if not shoulder length just yet).

Had them on now for something like 2.5 hours and about 2 hours earlier on too (it's a gooooood day today :)) and no sweatiness at all, a tiny bit moist but v pleasantly so. Then again all I've done is be on this board and lounging around enjoying the gloves since I donned them, nothing that strenuous.

These gloves are wonderful and I now want latex and lots and lots of it....

Return to “Glove talk forum”