Latex glove (OCD)

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jimglove
Regular poster

Re: Latex glove (OCD)

Post by Jimglove »

Ffgloveloverff wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:14 am Nitrile is not good enough for me, luckily I've horses hundreds if not thousands of latex gloves over the years but I know the end is near
Don't lose hope yet, there could be a second life for latex gloves:

The benefits of latex over nitrile are massive from an environmental perspective. From a protection point of view, they're not suitable for every risk, but that goes for any item of PPE - you have to have the right tool for the job.
latexxx
Occasional poster

Post by latexxx »

Totally agree!! It feels like a game every time I try to purchase latex gloves because 80% of the results are nitrile. Latex is a dying breed and it’s very sad to see. Amazon luckily still sells a decent amount for the US market, but they’re seemingly becoming harder to find.
ArnoldJennings
Newcomer

Post by ArnoldJennings »

It's important to be understanding and considerate towards others. Not everyone may know the difference between nitrile, PVC, and latex gloves, and that's okay.
Instead of getting frustrated, maybe you can take the opportunity to educate your coworkers and explain why it's important to use the correct type of gloves for the task at hand. By working together and communicating, you can help create a safer and more organized work environment for everyone. You could suggest them visit this site https://harmonycr.com/latex-gloves/ to distinguish these types better

Return to “Glove talk forum”