Mass attachment download from Gmail

Get help from our tech-savvy crew: learn how to make previews, where to upload, how to edit vids, etc.

Moderator: Jake

pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Mass attachment download from Gmail

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

So over the years I have been sending a specific gmail account all the gloved photos/videos I liked from social media.

Is there a way to mass download every attachment to my computer? Trying to figure it out but I cannot find exacatlly what I want to do this.

Any ideas? Really don’t wanna have to go through 1 by 1

Thanks
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Re: Mass attachment download from Gmail

Post by italiglover »

In the top search box, type has:attachment within Gmail then you should see emails which have attachments

Use the bulk checkbox at the top left to select all the messages, click the 3 dots and select 'forward as attachment'.

A message should come up and it will take a while for it to add everything as an attachment. You'll see a little progress bar next to each item as it adds it to the message.

Then just send it to yourself. You should have an email with everything as an attachment in the email. It's probably going to be big though. Forewarning. I haven't really seen any other way.
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

Thanks for that info. I was assuming there is a program or something to mass download everything.

Also aren't emails limited to like 25mb?
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Post by italiglover »

No idea why I didn't see this.

Did you have any success?

I'm not sure if the size penalty will effect you if you are sending it back to yourself. Wouldn't it just effect your google drive storage? I thought both were tied together?

Edit:
How about this? Forewarned, Idk what data practices and privacy issues may occur for using this. Use at your own risk.
https://workspace.google.com/marketplac ... 3239564707

pinkrubbergloves wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:23 pm Thanks for that info. I was assuming there is a program or something to mass download everything.

Also aren't emails limited to like 25mb?
Van96
Newcomer

Post by Van96 »

Hello,

Gmail does not have a feature that allows you to download all your attachments at once. However, with the rapid evolution of technology and the integration of artificial intelligence, there might be third-party applications or tools available that can help you in this regard. You can try searching for "Gmail attachment mass download" or "Gmail attachment downloader" in your favorite search engine, and see if there are solutions that meet your needs.

Return to “Technical Tutorials”