Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

passer123
Regular poster

Gloves coming back

Post by passer123 »

operalove

Re: Gloves coming back

Post by operalove »

They came back on the red carpet and many celebrity events in the last years. Let's hope the trend gets more to the public on daily basis :)
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

"Celebrities from Kate Middleton (left) to Megan Fox are embracing the opera glove trend "
oh please,if only celebs could even blink about decide what to wear and to where...
its only "written down",they dont decide anything about themself (price of the high life)

but yes,agreed with above,wish this time it will become a worldwide trend on public (with reasonable prices)
operalove

Post by operalove »

Good point about the reasonable prices. Last Fall I was getting a lot of Twitter ads from Versace, Valentino and Balenciaga. Their fashion collections include a lot of gloves and got me excited to see such trends but just opened to see the prices and I knew it was not meant for everyone...
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

As they should make a come back!
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

someone wrote somewhere "gloves are always around...they dont need to come back cause u always spot someone wearing them somewhere (tv\real life\home\events etc)

kinda true :D
ltd7201
Regular poster

Post by ltd7201 »

operalove wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:54 am Good point about the reasonable prices. Last Fall I was getting a lot of Twitter ads from Versace, Valentino and Balenciaga. Their fashion collections include a lot of gloves and got me excited to see such trends but just opened to see the prices and I knew it was not meant for everyone...
I have to chuckle when I see articles of 'best opera gloves to wear' and all they list really funky styles and in the $500 range ignoring much more accessible yet quality brands such as Finale, Dents, or even brands you can find on Amazon. Most of those are very nice (I'm speaking to satin) and can last several wearings.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

ltd7201 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:11 pm

I have to chuckle when I see articles of 'best opera gloves to wear' and all they list really funky styles and in the $500 range ignoring much more accessible yet quality brands such as Finale, Dents, or even brands you can find on Amazon.
ah,thats easy,the person who wrote the article and "recommended" the pricey pair,even he\her wouldnt buy it cause its just a name (and expensive,doesnt always mean quality ;))

written media is usually dumb (pardon me french) in those articles,just point ppl to the good staff,not the celeb crap.

Return to “Glove talk forum”