Gloves from Edinburgh [long post]

Show off your glove collection here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Gloves from Edinburgh [long post]

Post by Rommeltje »

Follow-up from this thread!

Apologies in advance about the long text. I'm one of those people that includes waaaay too many details in their stories. :rolleyes: I'll put my reviews of the gloves below the pictures, so you can skip right to that if you're not interested in how I got them. :)
TL;DR: I bought some gloves while on a city trip to Edinburgh.

After the great advice I got on which stores to check in Edinburgh (in the thread linked above), and after JimGlove's ringing endorsement of them, I had set my mind on getting a pair of Elbow Grease bathroom gloves. The only problem was that the most likely store to stock them, B&M, was quite far from where me and my girlfriend were staying, and the sights we were planning to see. Since we were only there for two nights with one full day in between, I'd already accepted that it would be highly unlikely I'd manage to get them. Instead, I'd settle for the only store I would definitely be able to visit: Marks and Spencer.

Before Edinburgh, we also spent two half days in London, where I already knew from previous visist there was very little to find glovewise. To my surprise, however, we passed a Nisa Local store on the way from King's Cross Station to our hotel that actually had Elbow Grease gloves on a carousel right near the door! And they were next to another pair from an unknown (to me) brand. Since they only had the yellow ones, I decided to first check online what those actually looked like. As I thought, they didn't look good at all, nor did the ones from the other brand (I don't remember what it was). So Edinburgh was my only hope once again.

On our first morning in Scotland, and on our way to our touristic destinations, we stopped by the M&S (my girlfriend is aware that one of my favorite activites in other countries is to go glove hunting, and she's perfectly fine with it - which is still very amazing to me :luv:). I knew they had some 'new' (again, to me) yellow gloves there. I expected something similar to the yellow Casabella-like gloves I bought from them a few years back, and which I had liked quite a bit. (Especially the vanilla smell, which turned me on way more than expected - and which also wore off pretty fast, unfortunately.)

As we were checking my girlfriend's size, however, the gloves shifted a bit in their box. I immediately recognized the two-tone yellow color, and realized that they had just rebranded the standard Marigolds - which I'm not a fan of at all. I still bought them, just so I'd have something to show for this trip at least. I did check out some other stores that might stock gloves (Sainsbury's, another Nisa Local, a local grocery), but I was having no luck, and time was running out.

At the end of the day, I'd already pretty much accepted that this was going to be it for my Edinburgh haul. There was absolutely zero chance of getting them the next day, as we'd have to leave for Newcastle pretty early, to get on the overnight boat back home.

We had planned to take a bath back at our hotel that last night in Edinburgh, so after we finished our dinner at the World's End pub on the Royal Mile, we would stop by a Sainsbury's on the way home to try and buy a bath bomb, and then call it a night. And that would be it, because all other shops were closed or closing soon.

But then my luck turned. :)

My GF decided that she wanted to show me one last touristy thing (she's already been to Edinburgh a bunch of times, so the trip was mostly her guiding me around the city :-)): the palace at the end of the Royal Mile - in the complete opposite direction of our hotel.

After the short sightseeing trip, I checked Google Maps to see how far we were from the B&M store by now. It turned out to be a 15 minute walk, and it was 20 minutes to closing time. But it would take us even farther away from our hotel. I asked my GF if she'd mind, and she immediately said "Let's go! We've gotta walk fast if we want to make it!" (Again: :luv:) We arrived with about 8 minutes to spare. :-) Inside, she went looking for bath bombs, while I hurried to the cleaning aisle - where I didn't find them, actually. 8-O I almost thought it was all in vein, but then it turned out they were just located a few aisles down, in a separate display. :-)

We also stopped by the (big) Sainsbury's next door (which was open one hour longer) for some snacks. While my GF went looking for candy, I made a small detour through their cleaning aisle, just for good measure - I didn't expect to find anything I hadn't seen before. To my surprise, however, they had some blue Spontex gloves I didn't recognize!

So in the nick of time, I went from having just one not very exciting pair of gloves, to achieving my glove goal for this trip, and then some! :whoop:

And that wasn't even the best part! :w00t: My GF asked me if I wanted her to try them on me that night ( 8D <3 :)' :nod: :luv: :luv:) A very appealing idea, but I opted instead to wait one more day, so we could try them out on our last night, on the boat back home. Not only to mark the end of our mini vacation, but also to build up and milk the excitement a bit more. :D

And exciting it was! Getting three consecutive glovejobs in one night is a great way to end any holiday. :nod: We started with the M&S ones (as I wasn't expecting much from them - and rightly so), quickly moved onto the Spontex, and it all ended with her making me cum all over the green Elbow Grease gloves. Best trip ever.

Now, on to the reviews, right after the pictures:

And unwrapped:

Edit: The reviews also turned out quite long, so TL;DR for those:
My scores after getting glovejobs with each of them:
- M&S - blegh :down:;
- Spontex - meh :);
- Elbow Grease - YEAH! 8D.

I can be short about the yellow M&S gloves: they're not great. They're really nothing more than Marigolds without the flower emblem. They're quite short, with a rolled cuff, more plastic-y than rubbery, and there wasn't much 'visual flair' during my GF's glovejob either (read: the cuffs didn't move much around her arms) . They did come in a size S, which is officially my GF's size, so there's that. But once back home, they immediately went into the box of gloves we'll never use again (except maybe if we run out of gloves for actual cleaning).

The Spontex Soft Hands were a lot better. Not fantastic, but not bad at all. Because of the blue colour, I was kind of hoping they'd be like the old Rubbermaid Extra Long gloves - which are (were, because I wore mine out a couple of years ago already) still one of my favourite gloves ever. But the Spontex ones were quite different. I already found that out before we opened the package, though, as I checked the forum if anybody had seen these before, and found Katertjekat's post about this new version). So I wasn't too disappointed.

All things considered they are quite nice. More of a rubbery feeling compared to the M&S ones, also a bit longer, and with straight cuffs, with just some ribbing on the edge. I also like the diamond pattern on the cuffs. Gives them something distinctive. They also moved a bit more around my GF's arms during the glovejob - though not a lot. I wasn't a fan of the almond scent (although I prefer it over a strong rubber scent), and they only come in one size (M/L). They looked good on my GF's hands, though (mainly because I'm not into supertight gloves).

After trying them out on myself a couple days later at home, I have to say that the gripping pattern is definitely too rough for masturbatory purposes (I guess my GF has a better technique, because they felt better when she did it). That might be different if you're not circumcised, though, since there's no direct contact with your dickhead then. But if masturbating involves rubbing your glans, don't do it with these.

And last, but most definitely not least, the Elbow Grease Bathroom Gloves! :yay: These are easily in my all-time top ten gloves. They're made of very soft rubber, have looong wavy-cut cuffs that move beautifully around my girl's arms when she jerks me off, and they smell great. At an M, they're a bit wide on my GF's hands (which, again, I quite like), and a perfect fit for my own hands. The gripping pattern is subtle, though just like the Spontex ones, just a little too rough for masturbation. Again, however, the way my GF did it, they felt great (although a bit of lube would've probably made it even better).

The only way the Elbow Grease Bathroom gloves could be improved (apart from removing the gripping pattern), is if they were yellow and the logo wasn't printed on the cuff. But those are very minor gripes.

Both the Spontex and the Elbow Grease gloves had a light flocking on the inside, which I washed off as soon as I got the chance, due to my allergies.

All-in-all, I'm very happy with this haul! Edinburgh gets 5 out of 5 stars from me! (Also because of the beautiful and historic city, of course. :p)
Jimglove
Regular poster

Re: Gloves from Edinburgh [long post]

Post by Jimglove »

Really interesting to hear your experiences Romm, thanks for taking the time to write, and glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed Edinburgh - it's a beautiful city with lots to explore. Would love to go back sometime soon!

I agree 100% about the grip on both the Elbow Grease and Spontex Comfort gloves, which is a shame as I really like both of them. I have another pair of favourite gloves which also tend to be a bit rough. Personally I find gloves which have grid type pattern on them to be the best, both down below and for touching anywhere else. But, my solution is to slip a well lubed inside out glove onto the old fella and then I get to wear my preferred gloves and still have some fun :yay: . There are times when I don't want to do that, so it's just a case of being careful, and maybe using some water.

As for M&S - Marigold type gloves seem to be absolutely everywhere in the UK now. They do nothing for me - over chlorinated and too plasticky with the extra coating. But it seems to be what the market demands :scratch:

Re the elbow grease gloves, if what Gopcha says here viewtopic.php?p=129087#p129087 is right, then the new polyco deep sink gloves would give you the yellow you're after... I was thinking about getting some in small for my other half, so I'll let you know if I do.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Jimglove wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:31 pmmy solution is to slip a well lubed inside out glove onto the old fella and then I get to wear my preferred gloves and still have some fun.
Yeah, but then you don't see them anymore. :D
Jimglove wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:31 pmRe the elbow grease gloves, if what Gopcha says here viewtopic.php?p=129087#p129087 is right, then the new polyco deep sink gloves would give you the yellow you're after... I was thinking about getting some in small for my other half, so I'll let you know if I do.
Oh yeah, you're right! :w00t: Definitely keep me posted!
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

Great write-up and follow-up! I wish I could find those elbow grease gloves here in the U.S.
I love rubber gloves!

Return to “Glove collections”