Since this forum uses BBcode instead of html, you can't use the embed code that Youtube provides. You have to change it to BBcode, which is very easy:SexySurgical wrote: ↑Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:44 am YouTube embedding no longer needed, normal links are auto embedded.
Paste the link for a 2nd time and wrap in code-tags so people have a way to get to the page in case embed hiccups.
1. Take the Youtube url. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqi6HD645oU&feature=related
2. Copy the video ID: jqi6HD645oU
3. Make your post, get the tags (the right-most button above the message window): [youtube=][/youtube]
4. Paste the ID into the first tag: [youtube=jqi6HD645oU][/youtube]. You do not need the rest of the url. In fact, if you do use any of it, the embed won't work.
5. This becomes:
6. Important! Leave the original url under the embedded video! People on mobile devices cannot see embeds, so they still need the original link. No longer necessary, as I've changed the code to add the url automatically.
Perhaps my overzealous insistence on this issue requires some explanation. The reason I want everyone to embed their Youtubes is kind of a personal one, but I hope others will understand, and maybe even agree. The thing is, I hate raw youtube-links. I often end up wasting a lot of time on YT watching related videos of related videos of related videos. It's so much faster to just be able to watch them right here on the forum, especially since you can then see in the blink of an eye whether you already know it, or it just doesn't look very interesting, and decide to move on.
So, please, please, please do this for me.
Questions? Please ask.
Thanks a lot for your cooperation.
N.B.: Any links that are not from youtube, do not have to embedded. For videos from Dailymotion, Vevo, etc., or any of the porn tube sites, just posting the url is perfectly fine.
Why? The youtube tags are specifically written for youtube codes, so they don't work with any other site. Since this forum does not use html as a markup language (it uses BBcode), embedcodes that you get from other sites don't work here.
I could make separate tags for other sites, but that's not really worth it, as they are quite rare. Youtube is so common that it made sense to make tags for it.
Only Youtubes have to be embedded.
*edit: I have since added embedding options for various porn tube sites, but embedding those remains voluntary. If you want to do it, click here for more information.